US

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 1

IdeaPad C340 / Updating to the latest AMD VGA Driver via Lenovo Vantage

2020-02-19, 9:11 AM

Hello Community,

as per a.m. I'm reporting what I believe is a bug, not sure it is though.

Everytime I try to update the AMD VGA Driver via Lenovo Vantage (which I find very useful since I do not have to deal with the manual install/uninstall of drivers) I reach a point where the OS reports that two different driver versions are installed (??).

There seems to result in a driver conflict, therefore I'm unable to access to the AMD Radeon Settings via mouse right click.

(I'd like to point out that the driver is not suggested as "critical" by Lenovo Vantage but is listed under "optional downloads"...)

Shouldn't the Lenovo Vantage process uninstall the old driver before installing the new/updated one? No updating of drivers via Lenovo Vantage have ever resulted in such a weird behaviour, so I have no clue of what it is... Lucky me I am prudent enough to have a daily backup of the OS so I can restore it when such behaviour occurs...

Do you guys still suggest using Lenovo Vantage to update AMD VGA Driver or proceed with the manual update meaning to download it from the support page?

Could pls. be so kind to tell why Lenovo Vantage is behaving so weirdly and if it's resolvable or not?

If it's not can you suggest a page/guide explaining the manual process of updating the specific driver for my notebook and where to download the correct one?

Thank you so very much in anticipation for your kind support.

Specs:

Windows 10 Home

Installed/current AMD VGA Driver version: 25.20.14118.3002

Latest AMD VGA Driver version: 26.20.11016.5002

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete