01-18-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Ideapad C340-14IWL monitor shadow at the corner

2020-01-17, 23:44 PM

This issue started when I was setting up my laptop. I just installed DirectX which is required for a software I use when this shadow appeared at the bottom right side of the screen. I thought it was quite odd so I uninstalled DirectX, but the shadow is still there. I tried reinstalling DirectX and it was still there. Sometimes the shadow disappears, for example, I switched my laptop to tablet mode and it was fixed! I felt so relieved when I made it come out of tablet mode and the shadow was no longer there, a few seconds later, the shadow returned.

Does anyone have a solution? Even when the laptop is booting up the shadow is still there, I've been very careful with my laptop so I struggle to think of it as a hardware issue. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/luzN7hK

Options

2338 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3357 Signins

41320 Page Views

• Views: 41320
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad C340-14IWL monitor shadow at the corner

2020-01-18, 2:42 AM

Looks like a defect of the display panel versus a driver problem to me. 

I would recommend contact Lenovo support for a repair on the display assembly part. Their number is 1-855-253-6686, or live chat options at support.lenovo.com

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete