Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
runawayhound
What's DOS?
Views: 296
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad V570 Not Booting After Trying Everything

I bought a used Ideapad V570 and it wont boot past the Lenovo logo page. I've outlined everything I've tried below:

-first of all the computer DOES NOT get stuck at "Please Wait" like many people are talking about here. It will load to the BIOS menu.

- i have reassured that the boot sequence is happening from the hard drive first, nothing happens

- i have tried booting with onekey recovery, and in safe mode to no avail

- I have taken out and plugged back in both the hard drive and RAM cards, as well as the battery

- i have even plugged the hard drive via a USB dock into my mac to see if it will read, which it does

The only thing I havent tried is booting from a recovery CD, but I cant figure out where to get one, download one, etc. I tried ordering via the lenovo cd recovery order page but they didnt seem to have the cooresponding model number info that I have.

Specs:

Ideapad V570

S/N: WBxxxxxxxx

M/O: WB0108240C

P/N: 59312004

Please let me know what steps I should take next! 

Thanks so much.

Moderator Note; s/n edited to prevent possible abuse

iDesign
802.11n
Views: 281
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad V570 Not Booting After Trying Everything

Hi

You may need to send the laptop to lenovo for repairs, this sounds like a faulty HDD. Unless you are able to obtain a windows CD and that works.
Lenovo y510p - Intel Quad-core 4th gen i7-4700MQ @3.40Ghz - 16GB RAM - 1TB HDD 8GB SSD - 1080p FHD - Nvidia 755m SLI
runawayhound
What's DOS?
Views: 269
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad V570 Not Booting After Trying Everything

Ive buckeled and am taking it down to a local repair shop to see if they have a recovery cd they can throw in it or at least diagnose it.

Thanks for your help!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors