Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
panIndia
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,437
Message 1 of 11

Installing Win 7 on my 0768 DLU

Hi,

I am planning on installing Windows 7 64bit (clean install) on my 0768-DLU laptop. The current config for the laptop is as below:

Product: Lenovo N100 0768-DLU [change]

Operating system: Windows XP [change]

Original description: T5500(1.66GHz), 1GB RAM, 120GB 5400rpm HD, 15.4in 1280x800 LCD, Intel 950, CDRW/DVDRW, Intel 802.11abg wireless, Bluetooth/Modem, 10/100 Ethernet, IEEE 1394, Fingerprint reader, 6c Li-Ion batt, WinXP Home

I ran the Win 7 upgrade advisor and it showed me the fingerprint reader drivers in warning saying the drivers might not be available. I have the foll. questions:

1) Has anyone attempted to install Win 7 and later install all the drivers sucessfully?

2) Should I go for 32 bit or 64 bit in terms of driver availability?

2) Will Lenovo support any driver issues I encounter once I switch to Win 7?

Thanks!

Retired Guru
Views: 4,419
Message 2 of 11

Re: Installing Win 7 on my 0768 DLU

I have 7 on my N100, only needed a few drivers,

found HERE 

Like 5in1 card reader (base system device).

I do not have fingerprint reader, bluetooth, different wireless.

I would choose 32 bit to minimize driver problems.

I doubt there would be any support from lenovo.

The way to go is image your system, and try the win 7 install.

panIndia
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,342
Message 3 of 11

Thanks a lot. I will update this thread with my install experience too once done. I will try 64 bit first to take full advantage of the processor and if it doesn't work out switch to 32 bit.

@Duck3 wrote:

I have 7 on my N100, only needed a few drivers,

found HERE 

Like 5in1 card reader (base system device).

I do not have fingerprint reader, bluetooth, different wireless.

I would choose 32 bit to minimize driver problems.

I doubt there would be any support from lenovo.

The way to go is image your system, and try the win 7 install.

Retired Guru
Views: 4,330
Message 4 of 11

Yes, please update thread, and good luck!

merriamPark1
Paper Tape
Views: 4,134
Message 5 of 11

I recently did a clean install  of the 64-bit Windows 7 on my 3000 N100  0768-DLU (2.00 GB RAM),  and now have no sound.  Anybody have any experience fixing this?

My old hard drive was fried, so, this was an install of the Windows 7 OSon new hd, so no previous OS to roll back to.

I've tried downloading various flavors of drivers from the lenovo site, and then using the 'troubleshoot compatability' feature in Windows 7, hoped I might have success using the Vista or XP drivers to restore the sound, but no luck.  Ends up with message saying they're not compatible.  The installed drivers are recogized as the most current and display indicators (when you test) show that sound is operating properly, but there is no sound actually generated.  Frustrating.

panIndia
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,049
Message 6 of 11

Try the solution by swalis mentioned on the foll. forum thread http://goo.gl/nKUN I think its the same problem that you're facing. Hope you're having a Soundmax card & not Realtek.

@merriamPark1 wrote:

I recently did a clean install  of the 64-bit Windows 7 on my 3000 N100  0768-DLU (2.00 GB RAM),  and now have no sound.  Anybody have any experience fixing this?

My old hard drive was fried, so, this was an install of the Windows 7 OSon new hd, so no previous OS to roll back to.

I've tried downloading various flavors of drivers from the lenovo site, and then using the 'troubleshoot compatability' feature in Windows 7, hoped I might have success using the Vista or XP drivers to restore the sound, but no luck.  Ends up with message saying they're not compatible.  The installed drivers are recogized as the most current and display indicators (when you test) show that sound is operating properly, but there is no sound actually generated.  Frustrating.

panIndia
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,983
Message 7 of 11

I installed 32bit Win 7 Pro. The sound drivers didn't install as suspected & I got the Soundmax Vista drivers installed which are working fine on this OS version too. The Authentec fingerprint login solution looks much better/integrated than the earlier version on XP. All my devices are working fine, so it the Aero which I had thought might not work on the onboard Intel GMA card.

Now just need to install back all the applications. Thanks a lot! This forum has been really helpful.

grege
Paper Tape
Views: 3,920
Message 8 of 11

1.You must download sound driver from http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-67400(Vista) and run his.

2.Go to device manager ->audio device->update driver->update from c:drivers\win\audio

Leonid
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,898
Message 9 of 11

i have 0768 59G and for some reason i couldn't install the webcam driver. how did you solved this?

merriamPark1
Paper Tape
Views: 3,808
Message 10 of 11

Thanks for steering me to a workable solution, panIndia.  I installed the download for the AudioMAX drivers 61ae03ww.exe and after installing and running setup, my sound is working perfectly.  After spending 2+ hours on the phone with Windows7 support, I wasn't sure there'd be an easy fix -  but the instructions from swalis  http://goo.gl/nKUN which you directed me to, worked perfectly.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Try the solution by swalis mentioned on the foll. forum thread http://goo.gl/nKUN I think its the same problem that you're facing. Hope you're having a Soundmax card & not Realtek.

@merriamPark1 wrote:

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals