Options

1 Posts

09-04-2017

US

6 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 1

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150 stops working every time the computer reboots

2017-09-04, 1:00 AM

Hello,

I have a Lenovo v570 1066 laptop. It came with Windows 7, but over the years I upgraded to Windows 8, 8.1, and 10. After the recent Creators update I started having hardware problems with Windows 10. I decided to downgrade back to Windows 8.1. I did a complete wipe of the hard drive and installed Windows 8.1 successfully. I installed all the most recent Windows updates and drivers for my hardware. However, every time I reboot or shut down the computer and boot up again, the WiFi stops working.

If I go into the device manager and reinstall the driver then it works fine, but as soon as I reboot it happens again. Essentially every time that I restart the machine I have to reinstall the driver for the wireless adapter.

This is a link to the "steps" from the Windows Step Recorder showing what I am talking about. Link removed

I found this link on another Lenovo page where this person solved connection problems by changing the boot priority of Windows Boot Manager, however, I have no way to get into BIOS/UEFI. I have tried using the keyboard during bootup to no avail. I have also tried the following method (Link removed) followed by Restart Now, Troubleshooting, and Advanced Options, but the tile for UEFI Firmware settings is not there.

Has anybody else had a similar problem? Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Mod's Edit: Links to downloads on a third party website removed for member's protection.   Please find an alternate method of displaying that information.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete