cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prokrow
Paper Tape
Views: 1,268
Message 1 of 1

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150 stops working every time the computer reboots

Hello,

I have a Lenovo v570 1066 laptop. It came with Windows 7, but over the years I upgraded to Windows 8, 8.1, and 10. After the recent Creators update I started having hardware problems with Windows 10. I decided to downgrade back to Windows 8.1. I did a complete wipe of the hard drive and installed Windows 8.1 successfully. I installed all the most recent Windows updates and drivers for my hardware. However, every time I reboot or shut down the computer and boot up again, the WiFi stops working.

If I go into the device manager and reinstall the driver then it works fine, but as soon as I reboot it happens again. Essentially every time that I restart the machine I have to reinstall the driver for the wireless adapter.

This is a link to the "steps" from the Windows Step Recorder showing what I am talking about. Link removed

I found this link on another Lenovo page where this person solved connection problems by changing the boot priority of Windows Boot Manager, however, I have no way to get into BIOS/UEFI. I have tried using the keyboard during bootup to no avail. I have also tried the following method (Link removed) followed by Restart Now, Troubleshooting, and Advanced Options, but the tile for UEFI Firmware settings is not there.

Has anybody else had a similar problem? Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Mod's Edit: Links to downloads on a third party website removed for member's protection.   Please find an alternate method of displaying that information.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors