cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerigol
Paper Tape
Views: 663
Message 1 of 3

Is it possible to put extra HDD in Lenovo V510-15IKB?

Hi,

I bought a Lenovo V510-15IKB, the one that has an 256Gb SSD in it originally. I estimeted that it is going to be enough for me but saidly it does not. Is it possible to put a HDD next to the SSD? (I know there are models with 1Tb HDD + 128Gb SSD, I just don't know if the HDD plug can also be found in the version what originally comes only with an SSD).

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 652
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is it possible to put extra HDD in Lenovo V510-15IKB?

You will probably need the HDD bracket (FRU/Part Number 5B40M31704) to install the drive, and 4  "M3 × 3mm, flat-head screws" to mount the drive in the bracket (if not included with the bracket), but other than that you should be able to install the any standard 2.5" wide, 7mm or 9.5mm high HDD into your system.     You can usually find the screws needed locally from any decent computer repair shop, which normally have lots of extra screws laying around, but you can also order them from http://www.laptopscrews.com/ if needed.

The bracket kit looks like this and can be ordered from Lenovo Encompass Parts here  (It does show that it is on back order).   You might also search for part number 5B40M31704 in your region as well.

Cheers,

gerigol
Paper Tape
Views: 357
Message 3 of 3

Re: Is it possible to put extra HDD in Lenovo V510-15IKB?

Thank you very much for your help!
Could you show it in a picture/video or describe it, where does the HDD shoul fit in the Lenovo V510-15IKB if I don't want to replace the SSD nor the CD reader?
Or this picture i send shoes the answer? That black part that I signed "SSD" is the HDD and SSD part together?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors