07-04-2019

IN

3 Signins

52 Page Views

• Views: 52
  • Message 1 of 2

Issue after reinstallation of Windows unable to Activate Product / Lenovo E480

2019-09-27, 12:12 PM

Less than a year that i Purchased this laptop at the lenovo and had issues with it being Slow. Called the tech team to only being sent on a wild goose chase. Wasted a lot of time trying different things and Finally had spoken to Mr.Alex Xavier whom suggested that i had to purchase an SSD. After buying the SSD Drive and getting one of their technicians to visit office he had installed a version of Windows which has not been activated. I had reached out to Mr.Alex (whom has been rather distasteful in his last conversation) Via email . we had already tried the option of downloading windows in the past and I had encountered errors and am still asked to do the same once again. After finally acceding to his demands i setup a schedule to call me at a time suggested by him. (Wish they work saturdays) . i have not hear from him or his team and worried about my windows locking up as I have been getting warning messages popup that my windows is expiring. After the problems I have faced and the poor pathetic service from the tech team i request that someone help me in activating my windows.

P.S: Could you imagine they have installled an incorrect version of Windows and i need to go through the entire procedure of installing my Windows and ms Office.

Please help.  

Options

11777 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7064 Signins

741234 Page Views

• Views: 741234
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Issue after reinstallation of Windows unable to Activate Product / Lenovo E480

2019-09-27, 20:01 PM

Hi Frustrated6,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Product activation key with Windows 8 or Windows 10 on preloaded OEM machine is automatically done since it is embedded on the systemboard as long as the correct version was installed (example: Win Home / Pro / Ent etc).

You can try this or type winver on the search.

Usually installing the wrong version is the most common cause of failed activation specially if the updates are already done.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete