Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bellcart
Paper Tape
Views: 9,308
Message 11 of 22

Re: Keyboard Not Working

Adding an external USB keyboard may not diagnose the keyboard fault. It does not isolate the keyboard as inserting earphones isolate speakers, rather piggy backs the laptop keyboard.

The only way to check the keyboard is to disconnect the keyboard cable. Take only a few minutes and you need  small crosshead and flat screwdrivers. Follow the instructions in the service video.

Took me 5 days to find this out, my fault was the caps lock button was inverting capital and small letters, stopping the use of numbers and oddly it caused all files to be highlighted if only one was clicked.

Bellcart
Paper Tape
Views: 9,307
Message 12 of 22

Forgot to add, If the system works with an external keyboard the problem is most proberly the laptop keyboard.
markonah
What's DOS?
Views: 9,261
Message 13 of 22

I have the issue. My Lenovo 3000  G400 keyboard not working.

~, tab, capslock, shift, left-ctrl, space, t, y, backspace, B, N, right-alt, pagedown, [, ], /

would you like give me an information regarding my problem? i can't find any disassembly video for Lenovo 3000 G400.

Thanks

Abdullah205
What's DOS?
Views: 9,137
Message 14 of 22

Hi my name is A.M.

I have a Laptop Lenovo G750.

I use it very carefully. but problem is that my Keyboard's keys not working properly...

e.g

when i press n=yn

when i press y=yn

when i hold the key n then its working like that=nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

this combination is happening with also ... t=tb and b=tb and /=]/ therefore in numkeys 8=.8 and 3= 43..

and the main keys which got me so upset about smart working  is Backspace and space...they not working its own task ...

..i try difrnt tricks to getout this problem like ....Religious language  setting change my key board ..its not working... reinstall my OS by use Lenovo One Key recovery... i try to unlock digital lock etc and i use more and more tricks ... i restore my PC also...but still  my Keys are nowt working...

....Also one thing i wanna to tell u ... this problem also play with me a game... some time keyboard working normal ... somtime not . if i get a restore point when its working ..and i use this point on that time when keys are not workig.. But strange its not working still..

and after some time its working when it want.. i think my keyboard has a sense to play with me Smiley Sad

help me pls...

i use USB linux OS in it also keys are not working..not working also in dos.

now i use it to write u my problem..its working but after some time its not working..What Tha Hell IS this Smiley Sad pls help me .

leoram4u
What's DOS?
Views: 8,106
Message 15 of 22

Hello Lonovo users,

Its has been 18long months that I've bought a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E520 and using it and felt very luck to have it. But I dont really think so...all of a sudden my keyboard isn't working at all. Only couple of keys are working( key 'G' and 'H'). Please Please Please let me know any has similar kind of problem and gor rectified. 

Regards

Venkat

laymen22
What's DOS?
Views: 7,947
Message 16 of 22

I have Idealpad keyboard problem that is very weird, when it start, the keyboard doesn't work until on screen keyboard loaded, but after a while, the keyboard is down again. I tried everything, restored the system to the purchase status and uninstall the keyboard driver, but the problem is still there. Beg your help.

Dancemomtsdc
What's DOS?
Views: 7,723
Message 17 of 22

I got a G570 for Christmas.  Not only is the keyboarding very slow to respond, so it won't let me type quickly, but it is doing very weird things like

Typing ? when striking k

Also 2 days in a row needed to reboot as when i clicked item on screen, then clicked another acted like I was holding down control key.

Any ideas for what is going on?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 7,654
Message 18 of 22
Moved:

Keyboard Not Working

damienG
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,010
Message 19 of 22

have similiar problem like yours

in my case, it always starts with some beeps,then "n" and "m" stop working and the most anonying thing is the space key, it prints "+" and launches some applications randomly

damienG
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,974
Message 20 of 22

I have fixed the issue by turning off all lenovo services, especiall the lcs service. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors