Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajaram
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,147
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo 3000 N100 Battery is Not Charging or Discharging

I have Purchased this Lenovo 3000 N100 Laptop in 2006, and had the Battery Replaced once within the Warranty Period. Today When I Switched On the Laptop I Found that the Battery Indicator Glows for a Moment When I Connect to AC, and Goes Down Immediately. Though I am able to Power On the Laptop on AC, but if the AC Supply is Removed the Laptop Shuts Down. I Checked that the Battery is at 67%.

After Searching in this Forum I Understood that this Issue was Discussed in the Past, and For Which there was this MIGR-69671, that Extended the Battery Warranty for another Six Months and also that this Battery Replacement Program has Ended on October 01, 2008.

Can anyone Suggest What can be Done in this Situation! Is there any Know Solution for this Problem from Lenovo?

tresho
HDMI
Views: 1,004
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo 3000 N100 Battery is Not Charging or Discharging

If your current battery was new in 2007, I suspect it is now dead, and no fault of Lenovo's. 

kereamaw
What's DOS?
Views: 904
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo 3000 N100 Battery is Not Charging or Discharging

I just solve same problem

Pull out the battery. Open the panel on the bottom that has the fan and remove the fan and heat sink. Clean fan and air vent. Clean the top of cpu, put some thermal paste on the cpu and put it all back to gether. Dont put the battery back in, dispose of it. Run off ac adapter. Buy a new battery

Top Kudoed Authors