Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
granny60
What's DOS?
Views: 758
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo 3000 N100 Screen failure

I purchased  two  N100 laptops in August of 2007 from a reputable computer franchise in Barrie, Ontario.   In late December, the screen on one laptop developed a horizontal line down the right side and then a few weeks later, another line  down the middle before shutting down completely.   I went on to the Lenovo web site to check the warranty status of both machines and it showed parts and labour warranty until June 2008.  I did not print the screen info  unfortunately.   I called to get the nearest warranty shop and was given a case #.  Lo and behold, I received a phone call the next day telling me that there was no warranty on the machine.  I checked back on the site and sure enough, the info had been changed to reflect "machines sold without manufacturerer's warranty".  I have been getting the run around ever since,   as has the franchise owner who sold me the machines.   Has anyone else had this experience with LENOVO's non-existent customer service?   Needless to say, since this machine was for my Granddaughter who attends university and must have it,  I was forced to get it repaired elsewhere.  But I am not giving up - even if it means going to court.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors