Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo C, E, K, M, N and V Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-05-2008

Fairfax, VA

3 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 1 of 8

Lenovo 3000 N100 - Teal Color Lenovo Icon at Power Up then Windows XP logo then Black Screen

2008-10-25, 19:41 PM

I have a Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop for the past two years.

Apart from the famous battery issue with this laptop, I have not had any problems with this unit.

Since yesterday, I am getting a black screen after logon to Windows XP.

Yesterday, I was able to log on and then the laptop will go black after a minute or two after log on.

Today, it has gotten worse, as soon as the Windows XP logo comes on, the screen goes black after a few

seconds. I also noticed that the Lenovo Icon displayed during Power On is also Teal in Color.

I tried booting the laptop in Safe mode and the problem still remains.

I tried booting the laptop using Windows XP CD and try to repair the Windows XP installation using R option

and still the screen goes black.

Please advice if this is a hardware or software or virus issue.

Options

2 Posts

10-26-2008

Helensburgh Scotland

4 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo 3000 N100 - Teal Color Lenovo Icon at Power Up then Windows XP logo then Black Screen

2008-10-26, 19:18 PM

Hi there.  I have the same problem.  My screen is black all the time now with odd spurts of light occuring just after loading.

My laptop is sadly out of guarantee so I cannot get any telephone help from IBM, however the chap I spoke to did hint that it was a problem with the LCD cable.

Then I phoned my local PC repair man and he said it sounds like the bulb, because I can still faintly see the outline of whats on the screen through the "blackness".

So.  Not sure!

Have you come to any resolution yet? 

Meantime I have my laptop pluggged into an external monitor until I get it fixed. 

Susan

Options

1 Posts

01-19-2009

india

4 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 3 of 8

Re: Lenovo 3000 N100 - Teal Color Lenovo Icon at Power Up then Windows XP logo then Black Screen

2009-01-29, 13:38 PM

i have exactly the same prolem as susan...when i read this thread i thought some one has seen my laptop...

when i went to get it repaired the guy told that the cfl has fused...but later on he told that the screen has gone out too...he replaced both....but it has cost me a huge sum and somhow i feel cheated...is it possible for both the cfl as well as the lcd display to get fused simultaneously, also the guy told that the whole cfl is not replced but only the microchips on it.....plz anyone can give some technical details?

Options

143 Posts

01-20-2008

Malaysia

154 Signins

1660 Page Views

• Views: 1660
  • Message 4 of 8

2009-01-31, 17:15 PM

Dear friends,

This is from my acknoledge and experiances....

it's sound look like not the Hardware / LCD problem.

=If you can start-up your laptop and u can see the screen boot-up logo and running up your OS, then the hardware should be ok.

I suspected your OS Display driver have problem or corrupted software. sometime if it's corruptedin  Safe mode no help because the folder/files may be missing or corrupted.

I am recommended you backup all your data by using external monitor and quick reformatos OS drive and re-install the fresh window may help.

For my experiances, if your LCD/etc have problem, you will not able to see the bootup screen and start yoru OS. if you have see your screen start your window, mean your hardware may ok.

Nicholas K.H.Chai
Malaysia
YM: ckhown
Options

11 Posts

05-19-2009

Los Angeles

20 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 5 of 8

2009-05-19, 18:52 PM

I have the same problem:  When I turn on my 3000 N100, the initial Lenovo screen has a rose color, then, after Windows XP starts my screen eventually goes black.  If I close my laptop lid and reopen it (I have my power settings configured so that closing the laptop lid does not power down the computer), my screen will turn back on for a few moments (with a rose colored hue that fades away), then will go black.

Any solutions?

Options

1 Posts

05-20-2009

FL USA

5 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 6 of 8

2009-05-20, 1:24 AM

Shine a flashlight on your display once it's booted up.  Is there anything there, only very faint?  If so, your backlight is gone.  Mine had the exact same rose color at start/return from standby, as well as a flicker on battery that stopped after 30 secs or so.  Today it went out completely.

I'm waiting for a backlight from my geek...

Options

11 Posts

05-19-2009

Los Angeles

20 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 7 of 8

2009-05-20, 2:50 AM
I've got to get one of those, a geek of my own.  Should I try eBay?
Options

2 Posts

10-26-2008

Helensburgh Scotland

4 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 8 of 8

2009-05-22, 18:06 PM

My "geek" changed the bulb and it still never worked.  So I went on ebay and bid for a screen from someone who was scrapping their N100 for parts.  Then gave it to my "geek" and he swapped over the screens and it is working fine now.  So all in all £100 was spent between the parts and labour.

I think that anyone who has this problem should come to terms with the fact that the screen is gone or on it;s way out and should look for a new one.  And it also goes without saying that these screens have a life span of two years.  NOT GOOD LENOVO!!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms