Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charleydog
What's DOS?
Views: 2,721
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop shuts down after about 1 minute

Despite being plugged into AC power, my Lenovo 3000 N100 shuts down after about one minute. It boots properly but suddenly shuts down. I have not used this laptop much since purchasing it in 2006 and have seldom used it on battery power alone. Any suggestions before I buy a new battery? Maybe I am mistaken, but shouldn't the computer work on AC despite a depleted battery?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,698
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop shuts down after about 1 minute

Hi Charleydog and welcome to the community,

Take the battery out  and unplug the ac.  Hold the power button down for about 15 seconds.  Do it twice.  Then plug only the ac in and see if it fires up.

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
nyrider622
What's DOS?
Views: 2,054
Message 3 of 4

Wow,

Did not think I would find an answer so quickly that worked.  Same situation here.  Laptop shuts off after 1 minute. Yesterday a client of mine had me over to fix her desktop and upon leaving I asked about her laptop.  She said 2 years ago, while I was in out of the country, she brought it to Geek Squad for shutdown problems.  Charged her$90 and told her it needed a new motherboard.  So she put it in her closet and forgot about it.  I couldn't get it started without the battery (as I saw that a bad battery could cause the shut down problem).  Thanks to your post.  Really appreciate it.  Now to buy a new battery, clean her up a bit and save the day!  haha.

notkarl
What's DOS?
Views: 676
Message 4 of 4

If anyone is like me and is looking through these old posts while trying to rehab an old computer and comes up against this random shut off problem (was happening after seconds to minutes, including in the bios set up screen, for me) stop now and try this power button trick. It completely solved my problem and I am now running a stable, usable computer with the battery out and AC plug in. Cheers.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors