Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juma
What's DOS?
Views: 3,983
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo 3000 N100 notebook cannot connect to my wireless network

Hello,

this is my first post. I am new member. I also am a very novice/amateur computer user and so I need some help from some pros or anyone that has experienced a similar problem and can help fix my laptop. I have a Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop model number 0768 6EU. About a week ago I updated/downloaded a bunch of software upgrades from Lenovo's website recommended for this computer. Prior to this download I was able to connect to my wireless home network. But after the download of various required/recommended software upgrades it no longer connects to the wireless home network. my other laptops connect so I know that it is not my wireless router. I have tried various things recommended by the ThinkVantage access connection on my computer but I get the following on that: signal strength: 0%, status: disconnected, IP address: not assigned. I also ran the diagnostic tools and it gave me the following: connection status: disconnected, cause: wireless stack initialization failed, error code: 118, recommended action please check the wireless driver installation. I even went to the Intel wireless 3945 abg hardware properties window and pressed the tab to revert back to the prior driver for the wireless card. I would appreciate any help. I know this message/post is long but it is the only way I can explain what is going on 

saab527
Punch Card
Views: 3,971
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo 3000 N100 notebook cannot connect to my wireless network

I think it could be a few possible thngs.

1. try to reinstall your wireless driver

2. Open up Access Advantage and check your wireless network settings like network name SSID.

3. Power off/on your router and modem and then your wireless radio.

Mike

getyats007
What's DOS?
Views: 3,689
Message 3 of 6

I'm having the same problem...really frustrated with this now...did u get it resolved? as u faced..the same happened with me..the wireless worked before I downloaded the updates...
figge
Paper Tape
Views: 3,615
Message 4 of 6

Hi

I have this problem also with my Lenovo 3000 V200.

Sometimes when I boot up the PC it will connect to the network and everything works just fine.

At other times, after boot, the "wireless stack initialization failed, error code: 118" problem occurs

and the only way to solve it seems to be a PC restart. Nothing else I do will bring the network up.

If I study the Networking tab in Task Manager it indicates that no adapters are available (wired eth.

access also fails). At a few occations connectivity have failed alltogether (i.e. a reboot have not solved

the problem). Last time this occured I had to reinstall the complete system (from a previous backup)

to get networking up.

I have tried different versions of Access Connections (5.02, 5.12, 5.21) and the same problem occurs

at seemingly random instances in time. This is obviosly a problem with the Access Connections software

since the Wireless networking works fine when I let windows manage it...

Anyone with a fix?

/Fredrik

Highlighted
ridercamper
What's DOS?
Views: 463
Message 5 of 6

Are you trying to install Windows10?  Windows 10 installs on my Lenovo 3000 C200 and the wifi will not start.  Have installed 3 different WiFi cards with the same "will not start" results.  All three cards installed and started with Windows 7 Pro installed.  There is a real win 10 conflict when installed on older computers.  Seems like Windows 10 would just use Windows 7 drivers that work but it tries to reinvent the wheel.  

SeniorGuru
Views: 448
Message 6 of 6

Try using the Windows 7 drivers. You will need to install them after you change the compatibility settings in the file properties dialog box.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors