Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo C, E, K, M, N and V Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-13-2008

miami

3 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo 3000 N200 Installing new hard drive and installing XP from recovery CDs

2008-09-13, 14:24 PM

Hello All,

My hard drive has been failing checkdisc so IBM sent me a new HD. I want to make sure I understand everything I need to do before replacing the HD. Replacing the HD seems pretty straight forward, I need to disconnect battery first and I really don't have any more questions about that step. Where I am a little unsure (thet didn't send me any concrete instructions other than the typical recovery CD instructions) is about reinstalling XP. When reinstalling Windows XP from the recovery CDs do I have to go through all 7 CDs? Also, do I have to install all of the bulkware that is included or can I install the barebones XP operating system?

Any links to info that would help make this easier?

Thanks,

Jack

Options

3290 Posts

02-17-2008

Australia

1962 Signins

50408 Page Views

• Views: 50408
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo 3000 N200 Installing new hard drive and installing XP from recovery CDs

2008-09-13, 14:58 PM
you have to use all your cd, but you can choose not to install certain bulkware, it will ask you during the installation step.... it is quite easy, the installation step will take you step by step. 
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)