Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeteKingston
Paper Tape
Views: 1,796
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo 3000 n200 Type: 0769 game graphics problem

Hi,

I have a Lenovo 3000 n200 Type 0769 laptop which served me well at university with my 3D modelling in SolidWorks for my projects. However, when I tried to run games on it, the games always crash, even on a very low setting graphics setting which is extremely frustrating. The only game I have managed to run successfully with no problems is Football Manager (providing I dont use the 3d game play as when I do, like all other games I have tried, it crashes.). What do I need to upgrade to successfully run games on my laptop and also, (if it is only a new graphics card that is required) where can I find out which cards are compatible with my laptop?

Running games is the only problem I am finding with the laptop and any help anyone can give me will be very much appreciated as I see a few other people who have posted in the forum have had the same problem with no luck with help on here.

Cheers.

- Pete

PS. The games I have tried running with no success include; The Sims 2, Lord Of The Rings - Battle For Middle Earth 1 & 2, Command & Conquer Generals, Command & Conquer 3 and Warhammer Dawn Of War

rgarnott
Paper Tape
Views: 1,786
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo 3000 n200 Type: 0769 game graphics problem

I had a similar problem and eventually got it narrowed down to a problem with video memory. Basically it seems that the GM965 chipset does not meet the video memory requirements of the game. No fix unfortunately as the video chip/adapter cannot be changed or upgraded.

Don't know if anyone else managed to find a fix or work around?

PeteKingston
Paper Tape
Views: 1,770
Message 3 of 4

I don't know about the desktops, but Lenovo laptops are the worst I have ever used. I have had mine nearly a year and the amount of problems I have had with it is rediculous, along with this problem, the hard drive has broken and needed to be replaced, the finger print scanner is broken and does not recognise the only finger prints that have been registered on the laptop, and now it has broken again and i cannot get passed the rescue and recovery screen. NO ONE should buy this laptop or any lenovo laptops like it, they are unbelievably unreliable!

raheem
What's DOS?
Views: 725
Message 4 of 4

just upgrade the speed 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors