Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdmiralTimothy
Paper Tape
Views: 398
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo 3000 n500 crashes after pressing A-F buttons

Hi!

The problem appeared about 3 days ago. I was working on my school project, when suddenly the screen froze and a second later the blue screen came on . Unfortunately I was unable to read the message, before the computer restarted itself. Now every time that I press the keyboard buttons from A to F a little harder than usual the blue screen appears and the computer restarts itself. Can somebody tell me what caused the crash. I've already run the virus scan but nothing was found.

Timothy

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 383
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo 3000 n500 crashes after pressing A-F buttons

Hi AdmiralTimothy and welcome to the community,

It sounds like something is shorting under the keyboard.  It could be the keyboard cable, the keyboard itself, the cable connector, or a component under the keyboard.

You're not going to know until you take the keyboard off and inspect it and the cable.  Look for any kinking or rub marks on the cable.  If it's rubbing against any metal in the chassis, use a piece of anti-static bag to insulate it between the cable and chassis.  Make sure the cable connector is seated properly.  While you're under there blow out any dust or dirt you might see with a can of air.

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
AdmiralTimothy
Paper Tape
Views: 373
Message 3 of 8

Hello Dave!

I followed your advice and dissasembled the keyboard. The cables seem to be OK and they are not rubbing against any kind of material.. When I dissasembled the keyboard, and when I pressed with my finger on the plastic on top of the motherboard, the computer has crashed yet again.So it appears that something is wrong with the motherboard. Do you have any advices what to do now?

Timothy

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 369
Message 4 of 8

Sounds like something is shorting on the board.  Do you have any warranty left?

Dave

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
AdmiralTimothy
Paper Tape
Views: 356
Message 5 of 8

Hi!

Unfortunally no. The warranty has just expired. Can you tell me where can I find/get the replacement parts?

Timothy

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 350
Message 6 of 8

Hi Timothy,

On the bottom of the laptop, under the area where you're pressing, isn't that where the ram chips are?

You might want to take the cover off of the bottom and maybe see what's there where you're pressing.

If the ram chips are under there, try taking a chip out one at a time and do your press thing and see if maybe the ram chips are at fault or maybe one of the DIMM slots.  It sounds like pressing on the board is flexing something either on the board or a component that's mounted to the board.  

Make sure the ram is seated properly first.

Dave 

AdmiralTimothy
Paper Tape
Views: 340
Message 7 of 8

Hello Dave!

Well I'll do what you told me to do and I'll reply back what might be the problem

Timothy

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 329
Message 8 of 8

I always try the easy cheap stuff first.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors