Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gontie
What's DOS?
Views: 177
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo E15-80 hot HDD and below keyboard at idle

Hello,

I've bought a E51 to a friend, during stress test, speedfan was showing incorrect values, anyway, with 25 degrees inside, the below side of the keyboard can bereally hot

Dismounted a bit and there is at one side the HDD and the other side the memory. CPU being much further away.

What could i do so that when the CPU is hot, not the other part of the laptop remain hot.

I hope my explinations are clear. Thanks.

SeniorGuru
Views: 151
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo E15-80 hot HDD and below keyboard at idle

If the HDD is mechanical, it will generate heat as it spins the platens inside. This heat will be felt on the keyboard side and the underside of the notebook.

Keep the air vents open, clean and serviceable at all times to maximize air flow thru the inner portions of the notebook.

Additionally, you can find "coolers" that will sit under the notebook and blow cool air up to it, some more effective than others.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Gontie
What's DOS?
Views: 144
Message 3 of 4

Thanks,

I was already in the right direction, replaced with a little SSD and indeed, the temperature has decreased a lot.

But after reading again the review of this laptop, it really seems the CPU cooling is just bad, why did Lenovo not add more airflow under the laptop ? Why is the cooling so bad, on the review it reaches 79 degrees maximum CPU temp.

This is enormous compared to very old Dell laptop where the CPU where heating much more, clearly, this laptop has a design issue with the airflow and CPU cooling, not enough effective. Probably the last time i buy a Lenovo second hand...

SeniorGuru
Views: 115
Message 4 of 4

Newer notebooks are slimmer, lighter and more powerful. Slim = lack of air flow, Light = more plastics, less metal, more powerful = more heat.

It is what you can expect from today's mainstream notebooks... No one manufacture seems to be immune. Best bet - opt to replace thermal paste with Arctic Silver or similar good high quality thermal interface material to make sure the best conductivity between CPU / GPU and heat sink fan is there.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors