Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexDozer
Paper Tape
Views: 755
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo E51-80 Keyboard & Touchpad not working following restart

Hello

I bought a Lenovo E51-80 for my mother in law a few weeks ago.  I updated the Drivers and Windows, removed some of the Levono software, installed various software and then following the install iTunes and iCloud, then restarted, and the Keyboard and Touchpad stopped responding, apart from the Brightness Hotkeys and another Hotkey.

When I put the PC into Safe Mode, the keyboard worked fine, but when I booted into Windows again it didn't.  I also tried Bios, but there wasn't any options relating the Keyboard and Touchpad.  I then did a System Restore to a point before I installed iTunes and this got it working again.

It has since happened again a number of times, and I though it might have been a Windows Patch or something I installed, but I'm not so sure now and it seems to happen following a restart, and more frequently following a install and restart.

I have also reinstalling the Driver for the Lenovo pointing device, but this didn't work, and each time, the system restore gets the Keyboard and Touchpad working again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors