10-08-2019 12:49 AM
I would like to know if the lenovo C340 Ideapad can support 2 external monitors, one connected to its HDMI port, and a second one connected to a USB-C hub containing an HDMI port. I have not found any information about this. Any idea?
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-08-2019 12:31 PM
Welcome to the Community Forums.
Checking the user guide for the Type C port for the model only shows data transfer and charging external devices (page 3). It do not offer alternate display mode.
- Charges USB-C compatible devices with the output voltage and current of 5 V and 3 A.
- Transfers data at USB 3.1 speed, up to 5 Gbps.
Other splitter may just provide duplicate display so perhaps you can check other resellers for option on an extended display using separate display adapter or dock as those offered by Plugable as example.
I hope this helps answer your query.
12-10-2019 05:19 PM
I see more details when looking at the user manual on page 3
4. USB-C™ connector
• Charges USB-C compatible devices with the output voltage and current of 5 V and 3 A.
• Transfers data at USB 3.1 speed, up to 5 Gbps.
• Connects to USB-C accessories to expand computer functionality. To purchase USB-C accessories, go to https://www.lenovo.com/accessories
Note: When the battery power is below 10%, the connected USB-C accessories might not work correctly.
I've tried looking for accessories for IdeaPad C series and no results are showing, is this actually USB C or just a glorified USB 3.1?