Message 11 of 19

Re: problemRe: Lenovo N200 0769 - Win7 Problem with Video and Touchpad drivers

Still without solution Smiley Sad

wobrito
Paper Tape
Views: 4,959
Message 12 of 19

Re: Lenovo N200 0769 - Win7 Problem with Video and Touchpad drivers

I have the same problem on my  computer Lenovo N200 0769 !!! Please..help me !!!

CaptainObvious
Punch Card
Views: 4,917
Message 13 of 19
AlexBcn
What's DOS?
Views: 4,748
Message 14 of 19

Hi all,

I have a Lenovo 3000 N200 0769 and downloading the drivers for Vista (after a non-pleasing search) could only allow me to reach 1400px.

After downloading the Driver from Nvidea (select GForce / GeForce 7 Series Notebooks / Vista 64bit) and rebooting, everything went fine.

http://www.nvidia.es/object/geforce_notebook_winvista_win7_64bit_179.48_beta_es.html

ps: this links to their spanish site, but it's good enough, isnt it? ;-)

Alex / Barcelona

benc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,695
Message 15 of 19

I too have a Lenovo 3000 N200 (model 0769) which has the problem where the touchpad has completely stopped working, and the display is low resolution about 50% of the time I boot the machine up.

I bought a replacement palm rest (inc touchpad) off ebay, installed the new touchpad and before I'd screwed the keyboard back in gave it a quick test. The touchpad worked fine. I then screwed the keyboard back in and the touchpad stopped working. After a lot of testing I found that the left-hand screw at the top of the keyboard was stopping the touchpad from working.

This seems completely mad, but if I remove that screw and the touchpad works, screw it in and the touchpad stops working. I tested this at least ten times to be sure, and it is 100% repeatable. This didn't appear to affect the graphics card.

So I've now completely reassembled the laptop (except the top-left screw from the keyboard) and the machine is fully working around 50% of the time, and graphics and touchpad don't work the rest of the time.

I'm beginning to this that there is a weird earthing problem going on, or maybe it just needs a new system board. However, at £370 for this part I'm just going to live with it.

awcerb
What's DOS?
Views: 3,445
Message 16 of 19

Just in case anyone is still having problems with this, a colleague and I recently upgraded one of these laptops to Windows 7 and experienced exactly the same problem with the VGA and Touchpad drivers going wrong every other boot.

We solved it by completely uninstalling the Intel VGA driver - once we'd rebooted, the default Microsoft Intel VGA driver installed itself, and everything is working perfectly, including Aero and the Touchpad.

GJacques
What's DOS?
Views: 2,936
Message 17 of 19

Had same problem.

Reinstalled Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family driver under Display Adapter in Device manager.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18223&lang=eng

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows* 7(exe)

Problem gone.

I had previously tried everyone's suggestions concerning Synaptics/PS2 Mouse Drivers/Vista/XP/Win7, Uninstalled device, everthing I could think of.  Nothing worked until Chipset driver.

Give it a try.

GJ

pbmgmbh
What's DOS?
Views: 1,006
Message 18 of 19

I know, this is a fairly old thread, but might be, it is still of some interest.

What helped on my 3000 n200 was to delete all the USB-Root-Hub entries in the device manager and reboot.

There seemed to have been a problem, while installing an external USB-Mouse beside the touchpad, that brooke part of the functions every second boot, as described in the very first post.

DrRobinson
Punch Card
Views: 774
Message 19 of 19

Same issue here. Just started within the last few months and seems to only happen on the first cold boot of the day. Anyone have any ideas for an actual fix or does the motherboard just go bad in these things after a while?

Admin note; subject reverted to original.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors