Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fija
Paper Tape
Views: 2,439
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Rescue and Recovery 4 hangs up

Dears, Problem: Desktop || Lenovo Care || save now! After cklicking, it hangs up endlessly with 0 %, on Lenovo 3000 N200 TY2EPGE - T2390 What I have done: - no task manager available - normal desktop programs are not reachable, exceptionally "Popup-Help-Menu" via Welcome Center A switch off returns to normal desktop work. VG.
fija
Paper Tape
Views: 2,425
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Rescue and Recovery 4 hangs up

... and now it seems not to start anymore ... if I make a hard switch-off, Vista don't restart Smiley Sad ... it said only things with recovery ... so I put linux live CD in and Vista came up ... ??? ... what is the reason for this?
dmcnish
What's DOS?
Views: 2,159
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Rescue and Recovery 4 hangs up

Not sure why it hangs it 0%, but I experienced what "appeared" to be a hang and in fact, the Rescue and Recovery program was waiting for input. It has displayed a pop-up, but it was underneath the main "Rescue and Recovery" panel.

I had what I thought was a hang at 68%. Went to bed, next day, still 68%. Tried to up the priority, etc. Same thing. Then I happened to click on minimize icon of the "Backing up your system" panel. That minimized both windows to the desktop NOT the task bar. And by doing so, I was able to see the pop-up that was underneath. The pop-up simply advised it couldn't backup a file because it was corrupted or locked (which is sometimes due to it being encrypted... or in use.)

Hope this helps and if not you, then someone else who has a similar issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors