Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niru
Paper Tape
Views: 1,099
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo V100 - Forgot password

Hi,

I have had my Lenovo V100 for about 2 years now.  Soon after I bought my laptop, and after having initially set my password, I forgot it. I have been logging in using the fingerprint authenticator since then. 

Now, stupidly, I have managed to delete the fingerprint authenticate software and have no way of getting into my personal account!  I have tried to re-install the Lenovo fingerprint software from my guest account but am unsuccessful ( get an error that says: "Error 1720 - There is a problem with this windows installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action RemoveATSwpDrvFolderscript error -2146828218").

So I reckon the other option is to try and find a way around the forgotten password.  Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Niru

xendistar
Paper Tape
Views: 1,098
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo V100 - Forgot password

These link should help you:

There are many cd based systems that will run from a bootable CD and be able to recover your lost password.

Tim

Message Edited by nonny on 11-29-2008 10:47 PM
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,089
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo V100 - Forgot password

i'm sorry, but getting help to crack passwords is not allowed in this forum.  You'll need to remember the password.  Locking thread.

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors