Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haerd
Punch Card
Views: 1,463
Message 21 of 47

Re: Lenovo V130-15lkb 81HN Bricked after bios update

Me too no luck, but now i don't know why after fn+r it stays black for only 30 sec than reboot in normal mode (in bootloop). Maybe I do something wrong... i'll try again...

hck
Paper Tape
Views: 1,461
Message 22 of 47

for me, it stay forever black after fn+r
haerd
Punch Card
Views: 1,427
Message 23 of 47

Please tell me what's wrong with this, i'm going crazy...
Tried formatting with diskpart, and using 4 different usb sticks...
Tried both usb ports
Tried BIOS.cap BIOS.CAP
Tried your file, my file, an old cap bios file... My model is V130-15ikb 81HN

OviPopescu1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,398
Message 24 of 47

Hi!

From your video I see that there are no loud beeps. And you press the keys far to short. I think that the emergency bios rewriting procedure is not starting.

My friend over the phone kept Fn+R pressed almost for 30 seconds until we could hear the first rewriting bios beeps. The beeps were very loud. Only then I told him to release the keys. After that, bios continued beeping for like 10-15 seconds. Then restarted. Did something. Restarted again and Lenovo logo was displayed and the round loading circle spined until Windows logon.

So, my advise is to keep Fn+R pressed a little more, or even 1 minute. The beeps must be heard signaling rewriting procedure had started. Maybe you could keep the keys pressed until first restart.

Give it a try. Fingers crossed Smiley Happy

OviPopescu1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,382
Message 25 of 47

On other threads, one solution was to rewrite with an old version. Unfortunately, Lenovo say that it could brick the notebook. But yours is already bricked. So you can try, at your own risk, an older version. The previous version was 8VCN17WW, but Lenovo removed it from the net.

LE: I found 8VCN17WW here: https://support.lenovo.com/sg/ko/downloads/ds503537

I've extracted the bios file and attached here. I hope that the BIOS will not have asian characters.

!!! You can use the file at your own risk. The responsability is completly yours. Robot tongue

haerd
Punch Card
Views: 1,336
Message 26 of 47

Nothing seems like to work.

No beep just a restart after 30 seconds

Highlighted
brodadagamer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,263
Message 27 of 47

Lenovo V130 15IKB Boot loop after bios update - crash after lenovo logo (in 1 second) no fix so far

Hi, all. New member here.

I was updating my friend's laptop using the automatic driver update on the lenovo site and there was a bios update listed, it installed all drivers and then the BIOS. After the BIOS update the laptop has been in an infinite boot loop, and I've tried everything.

First I thought it was the HDD, but I tested it and it's not I even placed another one in.

I took out the CMOS battery for a few minutes, took out the laptop battery, tried the whole hard reset thing and the Pin Button on the Side (Novo Button) and it just boots up the laptop, shows the Lenovo Logo and literally crashes in the same second and reboots again, I can't access the bios or anything. I tried F12, F10  plus power button, Fn plus R plus Power Button, holding the power button, I don't know how to reset the BIOS. Another thing is that the laptop clicks whenever it crashes and boots up again (a clicking/tick sound just once per crash).

Please help.

brahmaiahk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,191
Message 28 of 47

Re: Lenovo V130 15IKB Boot loop after bios update - crash after lenovo logo (in 1 second) no fix so

Hi ALL ,

Today only i got new laptop and i am facing same above :

I was updating my laptop using the automatic driver update on the lenovo site and there was a bios update listed, it installed all drivers and then the BIOS. After the BIOS update the laptop has been in an infinite boot loop, and I've tried everything.

First I thought it was the HDD, but I tested it and it's not I even placed another one in.

I took out the CMOS battery for a few minutes, took out the laptop battery, tried the whole hard reset thing and the Pin Button on the Side (Novo Button) and it just boots up the laptop, shows the Lenovo Logo and literally crashes in the same second and reboots again, I can't access the bios or anything. I tried F12, F10 plus power button, Fn plus R plus Power Button, holding the power button, I don't know how to reset the BIOS. Another thing is that the laptop clicks whenever it crashes and boots up again (a clicking/tick sound just once per crash).

Please help for that ,how to proceed .

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,091
Message 29 of 47

Hello All,

Sorry to read about your experience; certainly less than that we would normally expect you to have. We tried to replicate the issue on a system we had here but unfortunately the BIOS updated successfully leaving us somewhat puzzled. One thing I would like to suggest trying is to hold the power button depressed, usually on this system this would provoke a boot loop with the system booting to the logo and then restarting. If the system enters the boot loop, keeping the power button depressed, use a pin to press the Novo button and also keep that depressed.

Hopefully, as a result of the above, the system will present the Novo menu enabling you to select and enter BIOS where we would then suggest selecting Setup defaults and rebooting to see what happens. If you had manually installed the system please ensure you make any changes in the BIOS you might have previously made before rebooting.

Please let us know how you get on, thanks in advance.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

zsirosendre
Paper Tape
Views: 1,043
Message 30 of 47

Hello Andy!

Thanks for the reply

Unfortunately, this combination didn't help me. Smiley Sad

Even when the button (s) (power, novo) is pressed continuously, the boot loop remains.

Is there still a chance for a home solution?

sorry for my english, I use google translator to write my answer

Regards

Endre

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors