Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NelsonNikodemus
Paper Tape
Views: 154
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo V310 14-IKB Backup Battery Only Charge to 80%

Dear all,

I just purchase Lenovo V310 14-IKB with double battery. No problem with my main battery, but the problem are in my backup battery (the detachable one). I start to replace the DVD Rom with this battery and charge it, but after 80% it stop and said "80 plugged in and not charging". I want this battery charged to 100% too, same as my primary battery. I need it because I often work mobile and charge until 100% helps me to stay without charger for longer.

I already searched for the solutions, read posts from forums.lenovo.com, install apps and drivers (Lenovo Utility, Lenovo Vantage, etc.) but there was no exact solution for this issue. Does anyone from this forum experience the same issue? If yes, is there any solution to make the Lenovo V310 14-IKB charge into 100%?

Please help me.

Thank you.

yudho
What's DOS?
Views: 114
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo V310 14-IKB Backup Battery Only Charge to 80%

It seems normal. Some Lenovo laptops have a battery charging safety mechanism to stop charge at a particular percentage, usually around 70% or maybe 80%. It's useful to prevent battery charging at 100% while the laptop is used, which will degrade faster its capacity. It's usually found on Lenovo Power/Energy Management application.
Don't worry, because the mechanism will try to maintain at 80% while charging. When it declined to 79,xx%, it'll charge to 80% then stop charging, and so on.

Recommended software, search and download "battery bar". Useful toolbar to show the remaining capacity, and can easily check the battery wear. Normally battery wear will be around 20% per year.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors