Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LordNox
What's DOS?
Views: 438
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo V310-15ISK - SSD Disk problems

Hi everyone,

I acquired an SSD disk mode Crucial P1 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD CT500P1SSD8. I want to install Win10 on this disk...

After connecting it I´m able to see it on BIOS and in the Win10 setup but I´m not able to create a new partition (with the windows setup wizard nor diskpart)

I´ve researched a lot on the internet but I can´t find a right answer...

On Bios I have AHCI enabled (no other option is available) and Legacy Support (if I choose UEFI, the disk is not detected anymore)

Additional info:

- Win10 never detected this disk, not even when BIOS did it...

- Sometimes bios detects it and when I restart is no longer detected (but I´m pretty sure this is because I enable UEFI mode or when I go inside Win10 (in my HDD disk))

- I´ve tried this with my HDD disk connected and disconnected... and there´s no way to make it work...

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 327
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo V310-15ISK - SSD Disk problems

Hi LordNox,

Welcome to the community forums.

We've checked the system information and it looks like the Crucial P1 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD CT500P1SSD8 is not compatible with Lenovo V310-15ISK the reason why it is not being detected in BIOS and you can't install Windows. Based on the system information, it supports M.2 SSD / PCIe 3.0 x 2 while the CT500P1SSD8 is NVMe PCIe 3 x 4. You may check the system information here: https://psref.lenovo.com/Product/Lenovo_Laptops/Lenovo_V310_15?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6. 

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals