IT

1 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo V330-15IKB ssd upgrade issue

2019-11-12, 16:53 PM

Hello to everyone,

Some months ago I have changed the internal HDD for an SSD (Drevo x1 pro) and put the old HDD in place of the DVD reader with an adapter. I have installed windows 10 on the ssd and used the HDD for storing file, programs etc and everything has worked fine. Some days ago I have to format everything and reinstalled windows 10 on the ssd but now the bios recognize the ssd as disk 2 and the HDD as disk 1 and I can't change this. (but the SSD is plugged in the mobo as disk1) if I install windows on the SSD the HDD don't let the sistem boot, if I remove the HDD the system boot. If I boot into windows and then plug the HDD windows dont' recognize it. If i remove the partition from the HDD windows boot from the SSD, if I initialize the HDD and create a new partition the problem reappears.

THE POINT IS: I can no longer use one SSD with windows installed and an HDD for data...because now it mess up everything.

Maybe the problem could be related to a bug of the BIOS? (the last update is from july 2019, and this is the version I have now, when I have installed the SSD the version was the previous). where I can find a link for the previous version of the bios?

Someone could please help me?

Thank you in advice

Bye!

Options

223 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

142 Signins

1681 Page Views

• Views: 1681
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo V330-15IKB ssd upgrade issue

2019-11-13, 10:42 AM

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Usually OEM only has the latest downloadable version from the official support website. What some community members would do is change the file name similar to https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/6scn41ww.exe. We also suggest reading the TXT file before flashing the BIOS.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Maru

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save