Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

Re: Lenovo V570 Boot-up problems

@ Kevin.  How is your lenovo working by the way???

Token Ring
0 Kudos

"all MS fixes" are those updates applied in windows update.

you say you uninstalled bioexcess and then re-installed it - what did you use for the reinstall?  The one in D?  bad.  The one from the Lenovo site?  good.

0 Kudos

I get the freezing also even if I try the Bioexcess from this lenovo site so I just uninstalled it. Seems like I don't get the freezing if I don't have Bioexcess. Now I will observe if hows my laptop if theres no bioexcess
Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

That's strange did you download it from here http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers.html i've done that and it's working well. Maybe you have to use the lenovo boot optimizeer after instaling bioexcess again i allways use it.

Token Ring
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I never use lenovo boot optimizer...  just my 2 cents...  LOL

The correct name of the Bioexcess module to install is  " IN12STW68WW5.exe "

0 Kudos

@Kris  I installed the bioExcess from the Lenovo website.  It was the first thing I did when I got the new laptop.  However, it still frooze up twice.  ... I have not been able to complete a boot optimizer... I will try that when I go home after work... I am on my third Lenovo v570.  My last one became useless because it just got stuck on the "Please Wait" screen and I could not do anything.  :-(  I don't want that to happen again.  

I wish Lenovo would do something about this... I wonder if I should buy a warranty through Best Buy.

Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

@ Paolo:

What finally worked???  Does anyone recommend removing Veriface?  Someone on the Best buy site said to do that.  What do you think?  I like the Lenovo v570 but this freezing thing is no good.  It should work perfectly!  

Token Ring
0 Kudos

tinylilron wrote:

@Kris  I installed the bioExcess from the Lenovo website.  It was the first thing I did when I got the new laptop.  However, it still frooze up twice.  ... I have not been able to complete a boot optimizer... I will try that when I go home after work... I am on my third Lenovo v570.  My last one became useless because it just got stuck on the "Please Wait" screen and I could not do anything.  :-(  I don't want that to happen again.  

I wish Lenovo would do something about this... I wonder if I should buy a warranty through Best Buy.

did you uninstall the original one when you got the new laptop?

0 Kudos

@ Kris... I did uninstall the old one.... right now my Lenovo v570 will not go past the "please wait" screen.  I have tried to reboot it 3-4 times ... I am in safe mode right now... I guess it is going back to Best Buy tomorrow :-(  

Lenovo should do a recall of these computers or something... or supply them with detailed instructions on how to make it work properly... does anyone know of a similar laptop with a similar price?  I really did like this computer.  I just wish that it worked.

Token Ring
0 Kudos

mine works perfectly - love it.