cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeniorGuru
Views: 216
Message 11 of 13

Re: Lenovo V570 1066A9U: i7 Processor, 16 GB RAM & 250 GB SSD Upgrade successful!

No harm, no foul.... The internal fan on my system is working great (since I replaced it) and it is not overly warm.

When I looked into the item on Amazon and all the pictures, it appears to draw air thru the exhaust port, only increasing air flow past the heatsink.

Once concern is that it may "overspeed" the factory fan, causing it to wear quicker than expected, also may draw dust and debris into the system due to increase air flow / pressure. The last concern was the way it connected and disconnected. My thought was it would be more of an inconvenience than a solution.

Just my opinion of course.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
ablaze
Serial Port
Views: 199
Message 12 of 13

Re: Lenovo V570 1066A9U: i7 Processor, 16 GB RAM & 250 GB SSD Upgrade successful!

Understood and noted. I remember seeing the condition of the factory thermal paste and how gross was the fan after 7 years. After upgrading the processor, I'd be re-doing my thermal paste every 3 yrs, so I covered regular internal cleaning when I was planning my laptop upgrade. Happy to know that replacing a fan has been working out for you. Cost wise, I guess that fan, would be the cheapest to replace. A perfectly working fan with a fried processor or board is of no use, anyway. Regarding, your concern about overloading the fan, I don't think it should cause any damage. Best regards.
buybuydandavis
Paper Tape
Views: 104
Message 13 of 13

Nice.

I've got an AJU, already 16GB.

After various upgrades, I'm up to Windows 10 Pro and 16GB.

SSD seems like a good idea next. I'd probably save the CPU money for a new system. 

Did you just reinstall some UNIX system?

I'd llike to upgrade in place. So I want to clone. I wondered about replacing the DVD player with an SSD. Or using the esata to attach the ssd, clone the HD, then swap out the HD for the SSD.

Do you have ideas on cloning?

- Dan

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors