Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
strd2000
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,076
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo V570 function key stuck on

I'm having issues in trying to disable the function keys.  It's currently always on and when I press <ESC> key it automatically toggles the camera button on and off.  Basically the function keys are active for Esc, F1 - F6. I've tried to press <FN> + <f2> but  no luck.  So any keys that have a function is basically on.  

Upon rebooting  the laptop, the F2 key does not work as it's still thinks its the screen function.  I've connected an usb keyboard to the laptop so I can use the <f2> key to get into the BIOS.   The BIOS did not have any hotkey options. I had also updated the bios (2011) but it seems pretty old.

Is there a particular .dll file that can be removed or something in the registry I can tweak to get the function key back to normal

I need to fix this asap as I'm going into my first year university and need the laptop to function properly.  Any help would be extremely appreciated. 

Abdul_Ahad
WWAN
Views: 1,042
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo V570 function key stuck on

Your V570's FN key must have gotten stuck or spoiled, you sould need to replace the keyboard to solve this issue

Lets make 2015 the year of the #DO
Did I or someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,035
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo V570 function key stuck on

hi strd2000,

In addition to what Abdul_Ahad have mentioned:

If the problem is with the physical Fn key being stucked then you will need to replace either the Fn key alone (see this site) or the entire keyboard (recommended) for a permanent fix.

Keyboard spare parts:

Item #1

Item #2

Guide:

V570 Disassembly Guide (see FRU Removals and Replacement)

Alternatively, you can also try to remap the keys using Sharpkeys as a temporary fix. 

Check it out:

Map Any Key to Any Key on Windows 7 / XP / Vista

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors