cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeanettew
What's DOS?
Views: 1,560
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo laptop battery NO GOOD-WAS TOLD RECALL OVER!!

I CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW RUDE THE PEOPLE ANSWERING THE PHONES ARE!!! EVEN THOUGH WE PAID FOR A EXTRA 2 YEAR WARRANTY............ LENOVO WILL NOT REPLACE THE BATTERY!!! RECALL OVER............WE WILL NEVER BUY LENOVO AGAIN.
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,550
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo laptop battery NO GOOD-WAS TOLD RECALL OVER!!

jeanettew wrote:
EVEN THOUGH WE PAID FOR A EXTRA 2 YEAR WARRANTY............ LENOVO WILL NOT REPLACE THE BATTERY!!!

Welcome to the forum!  I'm sorry you're having a problem with your battery, but batteries are considered consumable items like tires.  A 1-year warranty on batteries is industry standard.  A Dell employee answering a similar question about their warranty helpfully provided a roundup of links to a number of laptop manufacturers' battery warranty information here

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

J0lle
Punch Card
Views: 1,476
Message 3 of 4

Its also considered rude to "yell" when you write.

Its true as the moderator says, Batteries have a 12 month warranty.

For some batteries it was extended to 18 months, to be nice to customers having troubl.

If its that big of a deal you can always get a OEM-battery off ebay for cheap, otherwise i would recommend you to buy original merchandise. 

phil64phil
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,435
Message 4 of 4

There are a huge number of threads/messages on this issue and sadly I am now a "victim" of this problem. I too tried the phone method in the UK and after speaking to a nice East European chap i was actually contacted by someone from their warranty dept and once I provided my invoice details with a description of the problem she said she would get customer services to get in touch with me which sadly has not happened despite several emails chasing this so I assume they dont want to help !!!

Not sure what you have typed in at the "message seach" stage but clearly the batteries for certain models were defective but no product recall was initiated and generally most people only found out when the problem occured !!!!  To my mind it does not matter if the battery is out of the warranty date, the fact is that they (Lenovo) knew about it. The document id is 69671 but for some reason it will not open now so I am going to try writing direct to the UK Ho and see if i can get anywhere 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors