cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjergjs
Paper Tape
Views: 3,926
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo n200 display problems (PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!)

Hi guys,

i believe i read all the topics regarding display problems on n200 and i didn't find one similar to mine.

Suddenly there's a black line appearing right in the middle of the screen from top to bottom and the colors seem distorted.

IT'S NOT A HARDWARE PROBLEM because it happens after vista installs some updates and when i do full system restore it goes back to normal. Unfortunately a friend had the idea to completely format the computer thus loosing the restoring option and now i've ended up with the computer in a desperate state.

I've tried installing and uninstalling the graphic card drivers but no success.

The line appears from the very start of the computer (including the boot screens).

Specs:

Lenovo 3000 n200

0769 - K2G

Video card - nvidia go 7300

Please help and thank you!

Retired Guru
Views: 3,911
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo n200 display problems (PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!)

If you see the line on boot screen ( Lenovo ), it IS a hardware problem.

If it doesn't start until Windows screen, then probably software (driver).

Enter bios on setup (press F1 at boot screen).

Is the line still there?

Hook up external monitor, is display correct on that?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 3,901
Message 3 of 6

graphic card adapter or probably ram issue.

if you have two ram sticks, just remove one of them, and try.

( if you can do, make sure graphic card and ram sticks seated well on mainboard )

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
ahaecas
Paper Tape
Views: 3,401
Message 4 of 6

I have the same laptop like you n200 3000 0769-k2g and I have the exactly same problem.

I tried  a few solutions:

1.- Change the screen for another  (Stil the same problemwith a new screen from a sony vaio)

2.- Change the memory of laptop (still the same problem, maybe because 7300go is dedicated ram)

3.- Disassemble whole laptop, piece by piece, and clean and change the thermal paste from gpu heatsink

4.- Check the internal video cable and all it´s correct

5.- I don´t have the problem with vga out, in a external monitor works fine

The only conclusion is that I will never buy a lenovo laptop, because is the second which have serious problems.

I used to work in a IT workshop and the only lenovo´s thinkpad´s  I  try to repair, all had serious and expensive problems. 

Sorry for my english "gjergjs", I´m spanish.

ahaecas
Paper Tape
Views: 3,257
Message 5 of 6

In the end I checked with a  multimeter the continuity  of the screen ribbon. The continuity is ok, Maybe is graphic card problem ...

Highlighted
dvolaric
What's DOS?
Views: 2,077
Message 6 of 6

@ahaecas wrote:

I have the same laptop like you n200 3000 0769-k2g and I have the exactly same problem.

I tried  a few solutions:

1.- Change the screen for another  (Stil the same problemwith a new screen from a sony vaio)

2.- Change the memory of laptop (still the same problem, maybe because 7300go is dedicated ram)

3.- Disassemble whole laptop, piece by piece, and clean and change the thermal paste from gpu heatsink

4.- Check the internal video cable and all it´s correct

5.- I don´t have the problem with vga out, in a external monitor works fine

The only conclusion is that I will never buy a lenovo laptop, because is the second which have serious problems.

I used to work in a IT workshop and the only lenovo´s thinkpad´s  I  try to repair, all had serious and expensive problems. 

Sorry for my english "gjergjs", I´m spanish.

I had exactly the same problem and all that you do I have done. This post was the only one similar to my problem that I find on google so I wanted to share my solution for this here...

At the end my conclusion was that this is a graphic card issue.

I install RivaTuner and downclock the card from 350MHz to 300MHz and card RAM from 600MHz to 500MHz and after that picture on LCD is perfect..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors