Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xsj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 782
Message 1 of 10

Looking for a seven nvdia driver

Hello,

I bought a 0768-FFG model a few years ago, equiped with the GeForce 7300 and Vista Business 32b.

Last year I upgraded it to a Seven Home Premium 64b version but since then I always have the same problem : the display driver resets randomly. Windows gets automatically the 7.15.11.7967 driver.

So I try to reinstall the lenovo 7.15.11.6759 display driver but it failled and a message indicate it only works with Vista 32b.

Does someone have any idea to help me ?

Thanks

XSJ

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 762
Message 2 of 10

Re: Looking for a seven nvdia driver

hi XSJ,

Welcome to the Forums.

As per this details specifications, your N100 seems to be using an Nvidia GeForce Go 7300.

Can you try to install this driver:

GeForce Release 179
Version: 179.48 BETA
Release Date: 2009.02.11
Operating System: Windows 7, Windows Vista
File Size: 122 MB

Regards  

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

xsj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 746
Message 3 of 10

Hi neokenchi,
Thanks I tried it yesterday, but I still have the same problem : the display driver resets randomly. It happened five times in an hour that's really annoying !
Hope you can help me more.
Regards,
XSJ
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 736
Message 4 of 10

hi xsj,

Can you try to:

1. Temporarily Disable Windows Update

2. Stop Windows 7 automatically installing drivers

3. Open Control Panel (large icon view) > Programs & Feaures and uninstall the Nvidia Graphics Drivers (reboot if necessary)

4. Open Device Manager > Display Adapters > right click on the Nvidia Graphics > choose Uninstall (if applicable, put a check on Delete the driver software for this device) and reboot.

- Link to picture

5. Re-install the Nvidia Graphics Driver v179.48 BETA  above above and observe.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

xsj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 727
Message 5 of 10

Hi neokenchi,
I followed exactly the procedure but during the install of the driver 179.48 BETA I had a message in french I translated,
NVIDIA error installation: The installer has detected that the current operating system is not Windows Vista 32-bit/7 64-bit. This setup program and its drivers are designed to run only on Windows Vista 32-bit/7 64-bit. Aborting installation.
That’s much more annoying, isn’t it?
Hope you can help me more.
Regards,
XSJ
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 720
Message 6 of 10

hi xsj,

If you're running Windows 7 32bit, try this driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/8971/en-us

Regards

Highlighted
xsj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 710
Message 7 of 10

Hi neokenchi,

The problem is ...I'm running Windows 7 64bit.
Anyway the 32bit driver will not install too.
Waiting to see if you find a better solution, I reinstalled the 179.67 driver provided by Windows Update.
Any other idea?
Regards,
XSJ
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 701
Message 8 of 10

hi xsj,

It's odd that the drivers from the Nvidia website won't install too.

Here's the last two things that you could try:

1. Follow this guide on how to install the original Vista Drivers into Windows 7.

2. Refer to this tutorial on how to add Windows 7 support for the nvidia beta driver (see the Adding support for your GPU to the OS)

Regards

xsj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 682
Message 9 of 10

Hi neokenchi,

Thanks for your follow-up.

Could you please reactivate the first link which doesn't work anymore...
Since I reinstalled the 179.67 driver, it seems better. Perhaps because we stopped the W7 automatically installing drivers ?

As you are an expert, I would like your opinion on a topic that asks me for a long time:
Is it necessary to clean the Windows registry?
Do you think this may cause malfunction such as those observed?
What do you think about utilities like CCleaner, are there other better ...Can you advise me what to do or not to do on this way ?

Regards,
XSJ

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 668
Message 10 of 10

hi xsj,

Here's the guide on the first link:

Install Vista Drivers on Windows 7

Good to hear your system is working ok now. It's possible that the system is detecting newer drivers, either thru Windows Update or in the preconfigured inf folder and disabling the automatic updating of drivers stopped it.

IMHO, doing a pc maintenance once in 3-4 months is a good practice. CCleaner is good freeware to cleanup the registry and temp files. When you uninstall programs, there are instances of leftover components so manually removing using CCleaner is a good way to keep the system clean.

Regards

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors