Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bering
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,988
Message 1 of 9

My keyyboard is messed up. a lot.

hey

i have problems with m keboard. firs of all, i canno make man lee...ok..words. some bu77ons do no work, bu im sure i is a sof7eware problem. i have previousl onl been able o solve his problem b forma7ing m compuer....

i am ge77ing bver 7ired of 7his as u can see... i have o cop pas7e series of le77ers jus7 2 login. also i canno7 dele7e wha i wrri7e eiher while man random bu77ons do no work.

please do no make me forma7 me pc everi7ime his happens1

please help before i go all nu7s111

lenovo 3000 n200

Message Edited by Bering on 11-14-2008 07:37 AM
Bering
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,988
Message 2 of 9

Re: My keyyboard is messed up. a lot.

also pluggin in exernal keboards doesn work eiher...

i have 7ried wih mani

Willyeckislike
Punch Card
Views: 1,954
Message 3 of 9

try this thread

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=N_Series_Lenovo_3000&thread.id=8142

sounds like it to me that your NmLk button has be pressed

Bering
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,950
Message 4 of 9

nah my numlockhasnt been pressed. hen here would be numbers insead of j k l u i o. and that is not the case.

and i am pre much aware of how all he kes work on m keboard.....

the reason i someimes use numbers, is o replce oher keys which aren't funcioning.

bu as i said before, i is a sofware problem. - but i cannot do anything on this computer il fixed

Bering
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,907
Message 5 of 9

absolute no one who can help me with this problem? - Because then i very soon have to formate my labtop.

But it is mainly X, T, Y, N which are missing and occationally other random letters aswell, when I try to type. Also I cannot hold two button at the same time, to activate functions ex: shift + letter, doesnt work. No capital letter. Also backslash and the <-- button (the one above enter, don't know its name in English)

Alt+tab doesn't function either.

I have tried a lot of keyboard drives, however none seems to fix the problem. Since I'm a senior student at univeristy, it is quite hard for me, if not impossible to live with a computer like this and/or bring it to service, because I use this computer for programming - as you can imagine, it would be pretty messed up with such a keyboard!

Now, please! I have taken the time copy-paste every single missing letter into this, please help me out! Otherwise, perhaps in a week or 3 weeks after I've formated my computer same problem occurs again, over and over again!

I really need your help! Everyonel

liquidmonkey
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,898
Message 6 of 9

i would try taking off the keyboard and unhooking the ribbon cable and re-attaching that a few times. also look at it and see if anything is damaged. maybe it is a hardware thing?

try changing languages on the language bar a few times, maybe it is a software thing?

plug in a USB keyboard and see if u get the same problems?

check your 'alt gr' or 'third letter on a single key' button equivilant and make sure it is not stuck down?

thats all i got, sorry if that does not help...

Bering
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,873
Message 7 of 9

I have tried with two USB keyboard and both have same problem when I connect them.

I believe it perhaps is a language problem between the keyboards and the actual drivers I download. How that can occur I don't know.

When I set my keyboard to another language, same problem occurs.

(I did format my computer now, however I'm pretty sure, within time, same problem will occur again)

However I have disabled the Windows updates and Lenovo Update, while those two have caused many problem already.

Bering
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,754
Message 8 of 9

exactly 10 days ago i formated my computer. same problem again. and i have to copy paste a lot of letters again to type.. seriously. no one can help me ? no one can tell me how and where to contact lenovo? this computer is pretty useless, unless i have  to formate nearly every week.

if someone has a phone number or email for tech support where  they do not tell me to go here,  to the forum, i would really appreciate it. while my study isnt going well with this keyboard Smiley Sad

liquidmonkey
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,735
Message 9 of 9

dude, what country r u in?

try this link and take it from there...

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/homeLenovo.do?country=us

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors