Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arnoldB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,286
Message 1 of 3

N100 BIOS Update Fail?

Hello,

I have an N100 which was fine until I tried the automatic software and driver update which loaded the latest drivers and BIOS update/s.

A box appeared on the screen asking me if I was sure I wanted to update the BIOS, and unfortunately I went ahead and suspect that the BIOS for the N100 with the Intel graphics chip was loaded, whereas I have the Nvidia model.

So now I can't get into WIndows XP though the BIOS and DOS applications run fine. Every time I try to load WIndows I get a BSOD.

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Maybe there's a way of reverting to the correct BIOS through lenovo care or DOS ?

Please feel free to reply and Many Thanks.

Arnie

London. UK

cjpembo
Punch Card
Views: 1,261
Message 2 of 3

Re: N100 BIOS Update Fail?

Try booting to Windows Save Mode by hitting the F8 key immediately as Windows is starting to boot.  From there you can select "Last Known Good Configuration".  If that fails, try "Safe Mode".  If it is just a driver issue, you should be able repair the situation.
wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,248
Message 3 of 3

Re: N100 BIOS Update Fail?

Hi Arnie, have you gone to the BIOS and select revert to factory configuration or something??? i think you can also update the BIOS through dos using a floppy drive.... not an expert at BIOS flashing, hopefully someone with more knowledgable experience could assist you with your BIOS problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors