Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warloc70
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,731
Message 1 of 5

N100 Dual boot attempt failed by Vista Boot Pro

I am now enjoying XP pro sp2 after partitioning my HD with Acronis Dir. Suite with Vista pre-installed when bought last October 07. XP works fine alright except for that one Lenovo care button. 

I have learned to appreciate the classic way Lenovo has applied and developed with these two Systems. It's just a matter of getting familiar with how they ..."Defragmented" .... caring for your computers as congruent with the operating systems installed which actually makes things a lot easier to maintain your Windows than the usual way.

Anyway, I believe my issue here is how to make Lenovo systems recognize VistaBoot Pro  so i  can make a choice over a dual boot system.  As it is now,  N100 always go straight to the XP system partition when started,  and i cant get to my Vista anymore.  I'm still trying to look around lenovo in hopes of finding an easy resolution for my issue and hopefully there is one environment out there for dual boots. The boot manager installed alright  but  for some reason it wouldnt function and I can browse through all my Vista files from XP.

For now i'd really appreciate any mere response implying that ... "THERE IS HOPE" ...   .Any concrete resolution would really be awesome and a blessing!

I'm really honored to be here and regards to all Lenovo fellow-users !!!

Message Edited by warloc70 on 05-09-2008 12:21 AM

Message Edited by warloc70 on 05-09-2008 12:31 AM
iamdh
Serial Port
Views: 1,722
Message 2 of 5

Re: N100 Dual boot attempt failed by Vista Boot Pro

See control panel - system properties - advanced - startup/recovery -
You should be able to see boot related options.(default OS, time, edit boot txt file).

If you don't see Vista in OS options, then I think this is due to change in windows MBR..not sure. Microsoft provides a MBR repair tool.

Otherwise just wait for some expert opinion here.
3000 N100-0768DKU
XP Home 5.01.2600 SP2
Ubuntu 8.04(hardy)
warloc70
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,699
Message 3 of 5

You are very right m8 !!  Vista isnt there in the options and i wouldnt wanna mess with editing the boot or what might need to be done for this  trick you pointed out for reasons i havent got the right moves for this sensing that somehow coordination with Lenovo in this regard  might just be neccessary for whichever trick or approach you'd use in making a dual system set-up.

Ordinarily the Acronis-VistaBootPro trick  gets the job done easily with most computers alright, but not here with Lenovo and i think  its one of their applications there that  I need to introduce acronis with,. so we can finally be on our way.    Or  maybe perhaps...  but then again...  really i'm just staying afoot at the moment than make a mistake and end up reformating and loading all those other drivers and updates again which could really takes a while. Maybe our Techie from Lenovo might stumble on this our case one day and shed us all the light we need right now ... that would be the enlightenment of the century huh!!  

Cheers to all!

Retired Guru
Views: 1,670
Message 4 of 5

Try EasyBCD.
//help will save the world
warloc70
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,469
Message 5 of 5