Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Highlighted
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

N100 Not Charging... Now I Find Out

I have "lived with" my N100 not charging its battery for almost 1 year. One day the notebook ran just fine on the battery for over an hour... the next day, not at all. The LED blinked for a few seconds when connecting the battery or at power-up with the battery inserted, then stops.  

Immediately I looked online for recalls. This tip was not available at that time. I gave up looking in disgust when I saw that other users were simply having to buy new batteries if their machines were out of warranty.

I registered my warranty immediately upon purchase when I bought the machine in January of 2007.  I was never notified about this issue... today I revived my searches to try to see if someone found a solution to the problem and discovered that Lenovo offered a replacement of my battery (92P1185) for an extended period which has already expired.

I am truly disappointed that, as a registered user of this notebook which faced a known issue, I was never notified. It was evidently incumbent upon me to continually search these online regularly until a tip was placed here.  I am permanently tethered to a power outlet and would be forced to spend a punitive amount of money on a new battery that has always clearly been defective.

Not happy.

3000 N100 0768 WinXPPro
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Re: N100 Not Charging... Now I Find Out

Disgraceful of them. I have the same problem and now had to go out and shell 100 bucks for a new battery. I thought the purpose of registering was so they could inform us for this very problem. First and last Lenovo I buy.