Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Super PM Chat

The Future of Windows Tablets

Join the conversation and share your feedback with the Lenovo Product team
Paper Tape
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

N100 randomly shutdown diferrent problem...SOLVED(clik for solution)

[ Edited ]

hi,this is my first post...

i have bought from a friend a Lenovo 3000 n100 0768-6vg(made in 06/08)

it worked fine except for the battery,wich i think it's dead...

when i connect the power cord the charging led blinks one time red and then turns green and stays like this for about 4-5 second......sometimes after a few minutes it starts blinking red as it's charging,but it's dead iven after 20 minutes of charging.....

anyway i don't mind the battery problem.....the main thing sounds like this..

i've started the leptop and worked verry fine,responded to every function but i didn't liked the windows install so i've installed a fresh copy then the problems started..

it originally had window xp home edition and i wanted to install windows xp sp2,a fresh install...

after installing windows,when i was a few steps to finishthe install, the leptop suddenly shutted down Smiley Indifferent

now when i try to start windows,after 5 to 10 minutes it randomly shuts down

iven if i let him in bios mode it shuts down......i've managed to enter in windows and install SpeedFan to check the temperatures and it says the cpu has aprox. 48-50 degrees celsius in normal mode......

after a restart i've tryed to stress him out and obtained a maximum of 60-65 degrees.....

i'm desperate....i've tryed averything....power without battery.....without hdd(with a live usb xp)....

please could anyone help?

ps:i have experience in desktop repairing but this thing is relatively new to me........

could a bios update resolve my problem?:-s

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Re: N100 randomly shutdown diferrent problem...

oh,and i've deleted the recovery partition....could that be the problem? Smiley Sad(
Community Moderator
0 Kudos

if you are trying to install operation system by pressing one key recover ( rescue & restore ) it's all about because you deleted the hidden ( oem ) partition.

is there any error message or code, blue screen?

it is possible some of drivers may cause that ramdom shutting down, but also possible heating issue, too.
Paper Tape

i've found the problem by a mistake Smiley it's how it happened Smiley Very Happy

i've opened the leptop and near the battery circuit i saw something strange....i think a liquid managed to enter there.....i've cleanead that out and nothing.....i've removed the battery but still nothing.....

the solution i found sounds is like this:

if u remove the battery wile the charger it's still plugged,the "bad" courent will remain in the leptop via,

unplug the charger....

remov the battery...

let him like this for 1-2 minutes wile pressing the power button(to drain the courent out) and then plug the charger without the battery.....

and voila,the liptop works fine without restarts and other stuffs Smiley Tongue

i hope this will help others experiencing this least they can try this before taking the leptop to a service center Smiley Tongue