Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giti02
Paper Tape
Views: 5,023
Message 1 of 10

N500 Keeps losing wireless connection

Good evening,

My Lenovo N500 has been connected to my house network for a while now, but recently has been dropping off.  It seems to last for 2-3 minutes before dropping and does not reconnect automatically.

My husband has a laptop on the same network and he does not experience the same problems, so this is not a router problem.

I have checked all the settings and nothing has changed since I was permanently connected.

This problem has only occurred in the last week or so and I really want to throw the machine out of the window at the moment.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Brigitte.

Loveon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,015
Message 2 of 10

Re: N500 Keeps losing wireless connection

Brigitte,

I had the same issue when I was with Vista Business. If you are using Vista, change the power save ( or management) on the wireless card. I don't remember where it is now since I am now on downgraded Windiows XP.

giti02
Paper Tape
Views: 4,989
Message 3 of 10

Re: N500 Keeps losing wireless connection

Thanks very much, found it and sorted the problem.

Brigitte

loopstheloop
Paper Tape
Views: 4,250
Message 4 of 10

Wireless connexion randomly disappears

Hi all, am using a Lenovo N 500 with O.S. Windows vista, and I'm having endless trouble with the wireless connection.

At first I assumed it was a router issue, but it seems that is not the case. What tends to happen is the wireless connexion disappears. I then try and reconnect in various ways, and the laptop tells me there are no wireless networks in range. Of course, there are wireless networks in range, other than my own one, so it seems this is a problem wither with the laptop or the O.S. settings, perhaps? Not sure...

Anyway, it's driving me mad, so any help is much appreciated! Right now I can only solve this by restarting the computer, which is very inconvenient for my line of work. Thanks

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 4,241
Message 5 of 10

Re: Wireless connexion randomly disappears

right click my computer > manage > device management > network adapters > find your wireless adapter > double click > on power management tab, make sure "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" unchecked

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
loopstheloop
Paper Tape
Views: 4,188
Message 6 of 10

Hi, thanks, I tried that, and it fixed it for a few days, until just now when the same thing happened. My connection drops and says limited connectivity, then I try and reconnect and it says it detects no wireless networks in my area, where there are lots, excluding my own. Usually I restart the computer to fix it, but not sure what is going on. Please help.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 4,181
Message 7 of 10

try to re-install or update wireless adapter drivers and/or if readycomm installed, remove it.

jaxkodex
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,963
Message 8 of 10

Wireless Driver

Hi!

I have the 3000 N500 notebook with windows vista Home basic.

Today I was working just fine till I was prompted to install the Windows SP2 update. After installing it the wireless connection just dropped dead...

I hope you could help, Thanks.

Already updated all drivers using the update service from lenovo and didn't work.

How do I see what version does the Wireless adapter is?

The wireless figures as Access adapter Broadcom 802.11g

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 3,958
Message 9 of 10

Re: Wireless Driver

@ jaxkodex

press windows + r, type "msinfo32" then enter > components > network > adapter

or right click my computer > manage > device management > network adapters.

cocoleachy
What's DOS?
Views: 1,110
Message 10 of 10

I have been having problems for ages with my wirelessdropping i finally called lenova customer service and they connected me to technical support and he reconfigured my laptop over the phone: call: 1855 253 6686

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors