Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smartin8984
Paper Tape
Views: 224
Message 1 of 2

N570 Boots to OneKey

Looking for some help.  Technical Support wants to charge me for a recovery disk and build me back to factory defaults.  Not what I was looking for.  I have a user remote to me that I set up the N570 on a couple weeks ago.  Works great until this AM.  She shut the laptop down as usual before leaving yesterday and upon powering it on this AM it went straight to the OneKey recovery partition to do a restore.  After trying a few things I figured she may have a boot sector virus, hope not, but was trying to boot to a Kaspersky boot cd.  Upon hitting F12 she had a few options under the Boot Option Menu, top was Windows Boot Manager, next were two LAN options EFI Network 0 for IPV6 and IPV4.  No CD option.  I had her choose Windows Boot Manager and it booted straight up into Windows 8, everything looks normal, good to go.  However she reboots and has to use the F12 key to get back in because it will automatically boot to OneKey.

With that said, I'm sure it's some kind of boot issue, only to the wrong partition.  I've searched and really found nothing regarding this issue.  Lot's of people wanting to boot to OneKey but can't or something, but I just want to boot into my OS as normal.  I've been around Windows for a long time and I'm betting a fix MBR or something is what I need to try, but I'm new to Lenovo and Windows 8 and recovery options.  Looking for some dependable advice.   I think the PC is fine and not really sure what happened, just need to try to fix it rather than resetting to factory defaults as Lenovo wants me to do.  Since I have no Windows 8 boot CD and she's remote to me, any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

smartin8984
Paper Tape
Views: 191
Message 2 of 2

Re: N570 Boots to OneKey

I guess I'm the only one who has had this issue?  Ok, so riddle me this.  Since again, I'm new to Lenovo.  How is the Onekey setup?  A hidden partition I presume.  I guess that's why I'm not seeing it in Diskpart?  Could it have become the active partition and that's my issue?  Thanks in advance. Also, how do I get it to boot to a CD?  Any ideas there?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors