Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
h0p3d545
Not applicable
Views: 418
Message 1 of 3

N580 Audio won't work at all

Problem: sound won't come out of the laptop.

Specifics: I discovered the problem while trying to listen to music on Pandora. One or two seconds would pass and then it would skip to another song. I thought this was weird so I tried to go to youtube to play classical music. The youtube video said "an error occurred, please try again later." then I tried a different browser - same. Then I tried playing music in Itunes - this time music wouldn't even play.

What did I do to try and fix it?Restarted multiple times.  Did a virus scan, came up clean. Troubleshooted the audio and nothing came up.

My ideas: I think maybe I updated the laptop a few days ago before I discorvered the problem. I have had audio problems with this laptop before but it was so long ago I forgot how I fixed it then. I haven't dropped it or spilled anything on it. It is a mystery...

Please help me if you can! Thanks Smiley Happy

hemanth_lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 399
Message 2 of 3

Re: N580 Audio won't work at all

Hi H0p3d545,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

I’m really sorry to hear that your Lenovo N580 is having issue with audio.

This could be issue with drivers, have you checked uninstalling the current audio drivers from control panel – program & feature option.

Respective to the Operating System download the drivers from the below link.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-n-series-laptops/ideapad-n580?...

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hemanth Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

RascalRon
Not applicable
Views: 161
Message 3 of 3

Re: N580 Audio won't work at all

I have the same issue.  I have tried to reinstall and it works for 1 or two sound files and then crashes again.  BTW I can't unintall the coexant driver!  The option to do so in the Sound section of the Control Panel is grayed out!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors