Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cricket519
What's DOS?
Views: 850
Message 1 of 4

N580 IdeaPad Hinge Issues

I am wondering if anyone has purchased a N580 Lenovo Laptop and if they have had any issues with the Hinges. My husband purchased me one in October 2013. The laptop worked great until about 2 months ago when the corners where the hinges open up cracked open exposing the inside of the machine.

Is there anywhere I can get help fixing this problem.  As it stands, I cannot be without a computer as I am going to school online and need to have my computer. Lenovo will not do anything about the problem, even though it seems this is a problem with many of the Laptops from them.

Thanks in advance.

scubaman2
What's DOS?
Views: 745
Message 2 of 4

Re: N580 IdeaPad Hinge Issues

Same here. About the same time period.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 650
Message 3 of 4

Hi All,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with hinges cracked in your Lenovo N580 laptop.

As you have mentioned that the hinges cracked as this is a damage I would suggest you to call up the support or also you can visit the nearest service center for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure

they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Debbie3
What's DOS?
Views: 480
Message 4 of 4

I have an N580 purchased in Dec 2013.  My hinge broke summer 2014.  Took me a month to get Lenovo to repair it n/c. I was furious with them as initially they said it was damaged by me and they wouldn't cover it.  But eventually they conceded and repaired it.

I have been SO careful with the replaced hinge...opening it exactly in the middle, or equally on both sides.  Guess what???  Started cracking again last night.  Holy crap this is ridiculous!

I have owned Dell laptops for 20 years and never EVER had any kind of hardware issue like this.  And NEVER had Dell customer service try and get out of being responsible for a repair.  This is my first and last Lenovo product.  I am now trying to figure out how to replace or repair the hinges myself.  If you have any suggestions, let me know!

Also, beware of repeat failure.  If you can get a refund, I would do so and get a different brand. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors