Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frustrated3
What's DOS?
Views: 549
Message 1 of 3

N580 - Missing E drive (CD/DVD ROM) and Dolby driver

Good morning,

I am the very frustrated owner of a N580. I am not a computer wiz. As modest as this laptop it did fullfill my non-pretentious needs.

My problem is that I have recently started a statistics class that requires installing a program throgh a  provided CD. This is whenI noticed that the E Drive was missing. I have looked under devices and drives and it's simply not there. Every time I turned the computer on it says that I shuld restart it because the Dolby driver is missing. My laptop is running on Windows 10 and it has a CD?DVD rom incorporated.

I looked under devices and drivers; no E drive or Dolby drive. I have looked everywhere. I can't find them and I don't know where to download them from. I have run Lenovo diagnosis and all comes fine and dandy. Still no E drive!  In the end I bought an LG external CD/DVD ROM. Surprise: after installation it says that the software cannot be installed because this app can't run on my PC, check with software publisher.

I am not ready to give up on my laptop and I have homework pending very soon!!!

Any advice on where to download the missing drivers?

Thank you!

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

CompTIA
802.11n
Views: 483
Message 2 of 3

Re: N580 - Missing E drive (CD/DVD ROM) and Dolby driver

Hi Frustrated3,

Welcome to Lenovo Community, 

Just follow below steps: 

1: Launch Command Prompt with administrator rights. To do this, switch to Start screen, type CMD and then simultaneously press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys to launch elevated prompt. Click Yes for User Account Control prompt.

2: In the elevated prompt, paste or type the following command and press enter key:

reg.exe add “HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0” /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

Regards,

**If the issue has been resolved please, mark me as solution provided to help others find the solution easily and click the Kudos.**

ph411tx
What's DOS?
Views: 410
Message 3 of 3

Re: N580 - Missing E drive (CD/DVD ROM) and Dolby driver

I tried it and I received ERROR: Invalid Key Name.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors