08-29-2013 09:35 AM
I have an N580 that I purchased about 9 months ago. Last night, the screen went completely white, and upon reboot, the screen instantly comes up white.
After trying many of the troubleshooting steps seen throughout the interwebs for this, I tried plugging the VGA into a known good external monitor, but the LCD remains white, and Function F7 does not switch the display over to the external monitor.
I am thinking that this must be the graphics chip, as the backlighting still seems to work, and the display won't transfer to external monitor.
Any other suggestions?
Also, what are my options seeing that this is within the 1 year warranty?
09-02-2013 12:30 AM
Welcome to Lenovo Community,
There are some simple Troubleshooting steps that you can try.
1) Completely shut down the machine.
2) Remove the Battery.
3) Remove the Charger / AC Adaptor.
4) Press and Hold on the Power Button for 20 continues Seconds.
5) Connect the Charger / AC Adaptor.
6) Press and Hold on the Power Button for 10 continues Seconds.
7) Press The Power Button once and check please if you still have the White Screen issue.
This procedure is used to discharge any extra charge in the mother board. Please try this solution and if the problem still exists, just tell me know.