Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
royalmp2001
Paper Tape
Views: 466
Message 1 of 4

N585 - Hanging touchpad and keyboard

The touchpad and keyboard lock up very often during use.  Sometimes I may go 20 minutes without this problem, at other times it can be every 15 seconds.  I press the power swithch and hit the spacebar to quickly shutdown and power up and the problem is gone until the next time.

Have reset to factory setup and it still happens.  Also updated the touchpad driver to the latest version.  When it lock ups, I can plug in a USB mouse and I still have control of the cursor, but the keyboard is non-responsive.

Is this a hardware or software problem and how can I fix it?

Also, I get this irritating problem.  Sometimes when I click on something, just as I clik, the cursor glides smoothly away either to the right or left and I have to redirect the pointer and click again.

An ideas anyone?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 415
Message 2 of 4

Re: N585 - Hanging touchpad and keyboard

Hi Royalmp2001,

Welcome to the Forums        

As per the query we understood that you facing issue with keypad and touchpad in your Lenovo N585 laptop.

Please try to boot the system into safe mode and check for the issue, also uninstall the keypad adapter from the device manager and  check for the issue.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!                                                   

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

royalmp2001
Paper Tape
Views: 321
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the advice, Ashwin.

In SAFE MODE I still get the hangs.

Secondly, I do not see the keypad adapter in the device manager.

Can you provide further assistance?

Thanks.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 308
Message 4 of 4

Hi Royalmp2001,

As you have mentioned that even in the safe mode the system hangs this might be a hardware issue please visit the nearest service center for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!                                                   

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors