Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gtectives
Paper Tape
Views: 350
Message 1 of 2

Network Adapter Broken (?) in Ideapad N586

I don't remember when it started happening, but my computer ceased being able to properly connect to our wireless network. For awhile I thought it was just our network, because we have a terrible provider, but the entire family can still connect to and use the wifi, so it became clear that it's my computer.

Upon start up, my computer will usually connect to the wifi, and in about two to five minutes, the yield symbol will pop up and say that I am connected to the wifi but I have no internet access. If I shut my computer and let it go to sleep (which takes about ten seconds) and then open it back up, I have access to the wifi again for another two to five minutes before the yield sign pops back up.

After a few cycles of that, closing and opening my computer no longer works and it can't register any nearby wireless networks (no bars in the wifi icon and the red X in the corner). When I run network diagnostics, it finds a problem with the network adapter and starts to reset it, but the action freezes my computer. The same thing happens when I manually go into the network and sharing centre and restart the network adapter myself.

In some other cases, it will detect wifi but when I try to connect to the network it says that it simply can't connect.

Help?

Highlighted
Former Employee
Views: 338
Message 2 of 2

Re: Network Adapter Broken (?) in Ideapad N586

Hi gtectives,

Sorry to hear about your hardware issues with the wifi adapter. Have you considered re-installing the drivers?   Drivers

Good luck, and let us know if this works!

Bgriffin2

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors