Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sauce1955
Paper Tape
Views: 529
Message 1 of 4

No Synaptics settings tab available to manage the touchpad

Hi, just setting up a new laptop for a client. V330. I'm almost done but I know the client doesn't like the TouchPad acting as a mouse button. Normally I would go to Control Panel - Mouse - Synaptics tab and disable it there. However, the tab does not exist.

I have tried many downloads of drivers and updates from MS and Lenovo. Thought it might be Elan or something other than a Synaptics but no. Tried an older driver and rolling back the driver but to no avail.

Just taken a look at another similar model and it's the same. Where has the tab gone to determine how the touchpad behaves?

Anyone else noticed this problem and by any chance has anyone managed to sort it?

Any thoughts appreciated. 

Highlighted
jfniss
Blue Screen Again
Views: 509
Message 2 of 4

Re: No Synaptics settings tab available to manage the touchpad

Lenovo Employee michaelli1
Lenovo Employee
Views: 478
Message 3 of 4

sauce1955
Paper Tape
Views: 469
Message 4 of 4

Hi, thanks for the speedy replies. I downloaded one of the old set of drivers from the links in the first reply. I have the Synaptics model specifically but after a lot of complaining from Windows and despite it telling me it encountered a problem installing the driver (which would then be removed!) I rebooted to find that the tab had appeared once more to allow me to alter the touchpad settings. So thank you for pointing me at a driver which it would allow me to install. So many I had tried would not work.

I think Lenovo and probably other laptop manufacturers need to get this straight because I know from long experiance that a lot of people do not like like the touchpad working as a button because it moves their cursor to random areas of the screen when typing. 

Perhaps by having these posts in the forums they will take the hint and work on it.

Cheers again.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors