cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giminic
What's DOS?
Views: 2,893
Message 1 of 4

No correct WLAN/wifi driver available (N581/Win7x64)

Hi there,

some months ago I got my IdeaPad N581 and it was a hassle with drivers from the beginning.

I installed Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and got all the drivers from the support page.

There is one unknown device wich I dont know what it is and aren't really interested in (ACPI\VPC2004).

But I'm becoming crazy with the wifi/WLAN driver.

As offered on the drivers page for N581 I downloaded the following driver package:

Wireless LAN Driver (Liteon/Atheros, CyberTan/Broadcom)

0zwm01ww.exe

9.2.0.439/5.100.82.112

04 Jun 2013

Funny thing is I'm getting the message "no device found" as I try to instll this driver.

After researching further into the issue I found the following problem:

- HW ID of my device: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0032&SUBSYS_321817AA&REV_01

- This HW ID is not listed in "Wireless LAN Driver (Liteon, CyberTan)\Atheros\9.2.0.439\ndis6_Win7\x64\netathrx.inf"

My workaround after this was to identify the device while sarching for the HW ID.

I found this COULD BE a "Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter" and selected the windows build in driver from the driver list.

At first it seems to be working.

Now my problem:

This driver wasn't such a good choice as I'm suffering from network loss after some usage (usually 2 - 3 hours) and it's almost impossible to get the connection back. Even rebooting windows didn't help much. Only if I let rest the N581 for some time (usually until the next day) I am able to get a wifi connection.

Today I had to remove and reinstall this driver to get any form of connection.

So PLEASE is there any way I can get the correct drivers for this and use a reliable wifi connection?

Thanks in advance from germany,

Jens

P.S. I tried the search function but didn't get any fitting results, so if there are any, please take my apology and point me to other threads.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,859
Message 2 of 4

Re: No correct WLAN/wifi driver available (N581/Win7x64)

hi giminic,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Upon checking the spare parts on the N581, the wireless module can either be one of the following:

Atheros AR9285
Broadcom BCM4313

Can you try to install this driver for the WLAN:

Drivers for Atheros AR9285 and Windows 7

Version: 10.0.0.234
Release: 2013-03-14   [March '13]
File: win7-10.0.0.234-whql.zip

For the ACPI\VPC2004, can you try to install:

Lenovo Energy Management
v7.0.3.4

cagt26ww.exe
21.2MB

Let me know your findings,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

giminic
What's DOS?
Views: 2,836
Message 3 of 4

Hi neokenchi,

sorry for the late answer.

Two days ago I installed the driver you recommended (atheros) and since then there is no connection loss.

So I think it's the fitting driver and my issue is solved.

Thank you very much, this way I can enjoy my N581 even more Smiley Happy

Greetings

Jens

jonalm01
What's DOS?
Views: 1,548
Message 4 of 4

hey friend help me have the same problem but in a G405 download the driver for win G405 page 8 and win 7 and I get the same message no driver to be installed Appropriate've already downloaded to the g405s but does not work

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors