Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natedog55902
Punch Card
Views: 4,570
Message 1 of 4

Omnipass fingerprint reader not working

I purchased a Lenovo 3000 N100 a few weeks ago, and the Omnipass fingerprint reader program worked great at first.  Then this morning, it no longer let me log in.  I have Omnipass set up so I can use my fingerprint to log into websites (email, etc).  When I went to one of these websites, Omnipass came up with the top part of the dialog box, but not the bottom part with the fingerprint screen.  I couldn't close Omnipass after that either.  I had to log off my computer and log back in to make the box go away.  I think something is wrong with the Omnipass files on my system.  I don't want to uninstall Omnipass, because I don't know how to get it back.  Can anyone help me out?

PS- I am using Omnipass version 5.

Message Edited by natedog55902 on 02-07-2008 09:05 AM
ljbade
What's DOS?
Views: 4,505
Message 2 of 4

Re: Omnipass fingerprint reader not working

Look in the lenovo folders on you C:\ drive for a folder called LPRA, the setup.exe in here will install OmniPass again if you uninstall it.

BTY the OmniPass version that Lenovo seems to be shipping is very outdated and causes headaches with Windows Updates (it will create two logon accounts with certain updates more info here: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords/msg/... )

Lenovo ship version 5.00.18 which has been replaced with 5.00.75 which fixes all these bugs. I believe it is time for Lenovo to UPDATE THEIR VERSION to 5.00.75 and stick it on the ThinkVantage updater!

Message Edited by ljbade on 02-15-2008 09:11 AM
natedog55902
Punch Card
Views: 4,459
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your reply.  Omnipass is working now.  I couldnt find the folder you mentioned though.  I found the driver on the Lenovo website.  I was also getting two identical accounts (I am the only one using my computer) so the link you provided helped with that also.  Thanks again.

Message Edited by natedog55902 on 02-17-2008 05:49 PM
natedog55902
Punch Card
Views: 4,388
Message 4 of 4

I am still having some minor problems with Omnipass.  Every so often, it stops working for no reason.  It isn't when I am installing a program or doing anything out of the ordinary.  Then, it just starts working again after awhile.  Does anyone know what is going on?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors