Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ymc
What's DOS?
Views: 1,641
Message 1 of 4

Please help me, USB Devices instantly disconnect/reconnect when using keyboard

I own a Lenovo 3000 C200. IIf I start typing while I have any USB device plugged in (USB mouse, Removable HDD, etc), the USB device instantly disconnects and reconnects again. As long as I don't touch my keyboard, the USB device will work fine. I have noticed that this does not happen when I press the the other keys like the Lenovo care button, volume increase / decrease key, etc. and doesn't happen when I use the touchpad. I have not dropped or damaged my machine in any way.

At the beginning, thinking it might be a windows problem, I had re-installed windows (XP) with no drivers installed and the problem persisted. I installed the latest update available for the BIOS still with no luck. I have checked the BIOS, however there is nothing related in anyway that can be configured.

Just now I have noticed that the problem begins, as soon as I turn on the machine. Hardware problem perhapsI

Please help me.

Moderator Note; Message Subject edited

Message Edited by andyP on 08-18-2008 08:58 PM
darkpepe
Paper Tape
Views: 1,597
Message 2 of 4

Re: Please help me, USB Devices instantly disconnect/reconnect when using keyboard

Same problem here!

I already tried removing the USB devices in the device manager, de- and re-attaching the keyboard from the motherboard and installing different USB drivers.

The warranty just expired, what a coincidence....

darkpepe
Paper Tape
Views: 1,590
Message 3 of 4

Re: Please help me, USB Devices instantly disconnect/reconnect when using keyboard

Now the laptop seems to be dead, whatch the new thread:

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=N_Series_Lenovo_3000&thread.id=5717

N100er
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,565
Message 4 of 4

This happened to me exactly the same, you must updated the latest bios version 2.06.

Now go to the Lenovo website to download the oldest version 1.02  and the 1.08, first flash the 1.02 then flash again using the 1.08 that it, don't use the 2.06 which is the porblem source file for some 3000 notebooks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors