Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madanmp
What's DOS?
Views: 3,730
Message 1 of 6

Problem in creating recovery media disks

I tried to create the recovery media and i am getting the message "Resources required by this application are already in use. Please retry after the other application completes". Can any one help me to solve this issue? I haven't created the recovery disk so far. Your help is much appreciated.

chino
Paper Tape
Views: 3,683
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problem in creating recovery media disks

Having the same problem with my brand new n200 (UK). Can't run 'Recovery Disks' or 'Recovery Media' options in Create Recovery Media dialogue box. Same error message displayed both times.

Lenovo1977
Paper Tape
Views: 3,638
Message 3 of 6

Same problem here as well. Brand new computer 3000 N200 (norway), trying to reinstall to get rid of all the preinstalled clutter. Surely someone must have the solution to this?
fxgut
Paper Tape
Views: 3,618
Message 4 of 6

I've the same problem. (3000 N200 downgraded Vista to XP) The first CD-R is fine. By burning the second CD-R the above mentioned error message appears.

When I use a DVD-R instead of the 2nd  CD-R the DVD will burnd without problems, but after burning the verification of the DVD failed :-(

What's going on there?

Best regards

Message Edited by fxgut on 11-19-2008 09:40 AM
chino
Paper Tape
Views: 3,608
Message 5 of 6

Been in touch with tech support about this. They said they'd call back to propose a solution but they didn't call, so after a few days I called back and found they'd closed the call and dispatched the recovery disks to me.

Just to add, my sister has an n200, its 8 months old, and has no problem creating the factory recovery media. But Its running version 4.0 of the rescue and recovery software, whereas I am running 4.21. Wondering if it was a problem with the latest version, I tried uninstalling version 4.21 on my new machine and installing the older version downloaded from the Lenovo site, but the RR app just plain wouldn't start at all.

It could be a problem with the latest release, so an update in the future could fix it. 

fxgut
Paper Tape
Views: 3,590
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

this afternoon I visited the Zero Point Computer Store in Duesseldorf and talked with the staff. And -what a surprise- this guy is the moderator of this Forum.

He informed me to use only CD-R and DVD-R. So I did.

...and it doesn't worked the first attempt. Whilst burnig the CD I was working with the notbook and in my opinion this is a problem.

So I tried again and havn't touched the notebook during the burning process, and what a surprise, It WORKS. 

The summary is: use only -R media and don't touch the notebook.

Best regards  and my special thanks to the Duesseldorfer Zero Point Team at the Immermannstrasse.

fxgut 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors